Good, but not that good

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1655
well my friend with the shockers decided to see how high he could get his spl number, so he wired the sigs in parrellel for a .7ohm load per amp on his kx2500.1's, which is rated at 2ohms, LOL, but anyway he went to the stereo place and had it metered, with the new TL, i think cause he described the mic as lookin like a credit card, which is what the TL looks like i think, anyway they stuck the mic right under neath of his dash, on the drives side, and he hit 154.3, but when he did this the amp went into protect mode, then he wired it back to series, for a 2.4ohm load and the amp worked fine, but he says now that the amp keeps going into protect, but if he turns the volume down it comes right back on, so hes gonna try and call kicker to see if he can get some new amps.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 500
jaja, dumb@ss, why did he do that? 2 ohm stable amp forced to the max to a lower impedance= screwed

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1657
ya i know i told him he was gonna fry the amps but did he listen to me, NO, and i guess he did it just to see how high of spl number he could get.

Username: Flakko

Post Number: 3
"jaja, dumb@ss, why did he do that? 2 ohm stable amp forced to the max to a lower impedance= screwed"

to get more juice, duh! ;)

but yea that amp is screwed, pretty decent number tho.

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
that's stupid, he didn't realize that amp cost more than 600$, "what a little toy to play"

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2746
actually, depending on your box rise....wiring that amp to .7ohm is pretty common in SPL comps.

i know a few people running '1ohm stable' amps at .175ohm for comps (burping)

if you know what you are doing...you can wire amps WAY below what they are rated for. you just have to take into account your reactive load.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2747
dustin,

what vehicle are those shockers in?

i have a friend doing 154+ w/ 2 SX12's in a CRX w/ 2 crossfire 1000d's.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 878
Does he want to sell the broken amp? Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1666
well there in a mustang with the rear deck removed, and the ports fireing up, ohh their in SS boxes, so i think thats why its in the 150db mark, im not sure if he wants to sell the amp, i'll see if i can get ahold of him tommarrow.

"he didn't realize that amp cost more than 600$, "what a little toy to play" where are you finding that amp for $600, the cheapest i've seen them is around $800.

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
just an estimated number, really costs more than 600, can you read man? "he didn't realize that amp cost MORE than 600$ i said that

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1679
well i talked to him today, and he told he got ahold of kicker and made up some stpuid azz story about how the amps have been doing it for a long time, and other bs, and kicker said to send them in, and they would look at them, so he said he doesn't want to sell them if kicker will repair them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us