Lightning audio, any good?

Username: Ccarson

Great Lakes USA

Post Number: 8
Hello all,

I just do repairs for the most part these days, a good friend asked me about Lightning audio. He was told their the latest and greatest since slice bread. I told him sounds like someone wants to sell you an amp. I haven't seen one personally to make a judgment call. Checked them out on the web, look a lot like pyle, legacy, boss, all those lower quality amps. Then again this is just by the pictures. He wanted to know if they were any comparison to the older HiFonics, Orion, or Eclipse.

Also he was told everyone is going to 8ohm impedance. This is news to me. Jexx or Glasswolf, any comments on that one?

Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1871
they are lower end stuff. they are made by Rockford Fosgate unless thats changed reciently. i don't think Lightning Audio can stack up against old school Orion or Eclipse. i don't know anything about older Hifonics stuff, so i can't say.

at 8 ohms, you will cut down the output by a lot. most amps are rated at 2 ohms. an 8 ohm load will cut the rating down by like 3/4.

whoever hes talking to, doesn't know what they are talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 484
those are speakers amps and they're not so good, if he's running them at 8 ohm they're going to reach like 40w rms

Username: Ccarson

Great Lakes USA

Post Number: 9
Thanks guys. I didn't think it was much to be said. I've been repairing this stuff for years and havn't seen too much recently to impress me. Nothing but old school stuff for myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us