Lightning Audio Kills MTX?!

Bronze Member
Username: Edown

Post Number: 23
I got a set of 10 inch speakers on a 450w 2-channel amp and a set of 12 inch speakers on a 1500w 2-channel amp. The problem is, the 10's catch way more frequencies than the 12s!! Is it the range of the different speaker sizes or the amp's? My 12's won't hit the higher lows (I know the sounds crazy, but I hope y'all can relate). Any suggestions on different configurations to hit the higher lows?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
By the way, the Lightning Audio amp is the 450w and the MTX is the 1500w amp, hence the title of the thread.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1199
u obviously have something done wrong......what subs are you running on each setup? What is the model number of the mtx amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Okay the Lightning Audio amp model is B2.150.2 and I have it hooked up to two Single Coil 10-inch woofers in a sealed box. The current setup I have now is two 12-inch JC Power DVC subwoofers in a sealed box hooked up to a MTX Thunder 1501.D So what should I do to get my high bass hits?

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 58
MTX Thunder 1501D,you have a good amp there.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 445
E-down are you crazy, lightning audio can't be as powerful as mtx and hell no it will have the same quality. To get more bass you should check your wiring to the mtx, maybe you're running your subs at 8 ohms jejejeje

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 640
i'm not even sure what he's asking. Buthave you checked how you wired the DVC subs? Are they 4ohm dual or 2ohm dual? Also what do you consider "high bass" Bass at most goes to 100hz and thats it. If you want you sub to play higher than that get than stick with your 10 or get better interior speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
*UPDATE* Yeah, this amp is powerful as all get out, Aruman. It burned up a 15-inch Kicker L7 and fried a two sets of 8-inch subs I had in 4-subwoofer bandbass box bridged. But I figured out why the high's drown out: you just can't get the same highs from these particular 12's that the 10's get. I'm gonna go with a component system with good midranges to get those high knocks I want and hook it up to the Lightning Audio amp I mentioned earlier. The 10's bang but not like the 12's. They just catch more high bass frequencies. Thank you AlterAudioUSA for the comparison because you were right on the money. When I played around with the freq and eq's on the MTX 1501.D, I got the highs but not the lows, so I'm gonna go with something in tandem with the 12's to get all the ranges I want to hear in my ride.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us