Profile AP2000 amp? any good

Username: Bumpthat

Post Number: 6
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=489AP2000

never heard of Profile. are they any good?
its a 2way amp. 480w x2 at 2 ohms

i am looking to wire it to 2 Alpine 10" Type-R's
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=500SWR1242

the subs are dual 4ohm voice coils. i (think) i was told that i can run those at 2ohm's if i have a 2way amp.

(i asked this question in the subwoofer forum)

all this stuff is confusing to me. i just dont want to take any chances.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5609
nope its garbage. the subs are alright but the amp isnt. look into a mb quart raa 1000 for those.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 446
Profile was junk back in the day. Haven't had any experience with them in years, but I've read they're still the same low-quality products. I owned a Cali. Series A600 and it was a complete joke. They claimed 300X2 at 2 ohms. I'd say it was lucky to push 200w, period. It did have that "cool" light strip, though. LMAO.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5612
lol I remember that amp lol! We used to call it the California Penile from the move major League lol!

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 797
on most forums Profile is often recommended as one of the best budget amps you can get.

No, they're no kicer, or orion, or RF, but for the cost you can't do a lot better.

Run a search at Sounddomain or caraudio.com - there are MANY reviews, some with pix, and very few users have been disappointed.

Post Number: 7
^^^ thats the reason I asked because on Crutchfield it got good reviews. But I am hestiant to trust something so cheap.

Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 6
i got a mono block profile amp.ap600 its 300w at 4 ohms and 420w at 2 ohms.i got it running in 2 ohm to a kicker 10 inch L5 dual 4 ohm voic coils.It slams hard and has been for 1 and a half years.flawless performance from a cheap amp.if youre on a budget,get it.ive read some bad stuff about the online dealers amps like hifonics and lanzar.like d.o.a.crutchfield gives 3 yr warrenty on profile.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 448
I hope their quality has improved dramatically over the years. If not, then those people at the other forums are liars or they are just plain fools. My A600 was complete junk.....right there with the Pyramid trash.

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 183
shane why not just get an audiobahn a800t or whatever their 800 watt rms amp is its only lik 150 shipped and its a nice amp for the money probably better than this stuff

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 804
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=043777#000000

Post Number: 8
thanks for the reviews and also the recommendation the audiobahn...i'm checkin that out right now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us