Amp good for 1200 @ 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 615
I am going to replace my amp, to power 3 JL 10w6AE's. They are currently wired at 1 ohm, but I was considering changing the config to 4 ohms. What is a good amp that will destroy my ears but will not destroy my bank account?

I want to run about 1200 rms, though they are rated at 900 rms (300 each). I am thinking that putting that much power at 4 ohms will be hard to find, and I don't want to drop like $700 on a JL 1000/1. I want an amp that will last a long time, because I really don't ever see myself wanting more than 1200 rms, regardless of what sub(s) I end up with.

I was hoping to keep the budget close to $300. Suggestions please.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2705
jbl bp1200.1
hifonics 1500d
orion 1200d
eD nine.1 ($350 shipped new)
PPI dcx1500.1 (or 1000.1)

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 793
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14965
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16367
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12790

There's a few affordable options at 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 617
Between the eD NINe.1, RAA1000, and Orion 1200d, which takes the cake? I really love that MB quart, but I really wanted more than 1000, I would rather have extra headroom and have the gains a lot lower...

I found the NINe.1 for $330 shipped with a full 3 year warranty. What do you guys think?

Opti, I know how much you love those amps, but it just doesn't appear as nice as these others. Maybe you can convince me otherwise?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 584
Lewass if you're looking for for a good amp, I can get you a USAmp Merlin MD2 for 350$ shipped. Its better build and quality than the amps mentioned and would definitely take the cake.

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 65
i'd sell ya an orion 1200d if there is any chance of you posting my subwoofer on ebay and selling it for me...i can't get an account because i don't have like a credit card or anything...u manage to like do that...i'll sell ya the orion for like $250 shipped...

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 159
Lewass, do not buy the ED NINe.1 amp. Yes the specs on the amp are great, however, their customer service sucks. Yes the give a three year warrenty, but good luck getting a replacement. I have both a NINe.1 and NINe.2X. The NINe.2X went into protect mode after one night. I sent it back about one and a half months ago and have not gotten any answers yet. Stay away from ED.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 620
Can you get me a MD1? The MD2 is too much power for me right now. I assume at that price it is used?

Has anyone else heard of or had a problem like Paul with the ED NINe.1?

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 149
ive heard of some but that 1200d is a good price and marcus if you want i will list that sub for you on ebay if you pay for the listingand tell me what you want it to say

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7249
hey - y not buy a phoenix gold xenon which does 1200wrms @ 1-4ohms load - so u really dont need 2 buy another amp again .......

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 68
hey gage do you have aim...if so or whatever...hit me up at betterdayz728@aol.com for email or just betterdayz728 for aim...i'll spot you for the listing and stuff...just get a hold of me and stuff because i'm going home this weekend from college so i could post pics and stuff and send them to you..so just get a hold of me

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 621
That's a great idea Rovin but I can't find one for less than $500 :-(

Has anyone else heard bad things about the eD NINe.1?

Marcus, I am definitely interested in that Orion, how long have you had it, how long was it used, and did you get it new? Can you send send me pictures? I am able to sell your sub on ebay for you if that's part of the deal... Send me a private message with the details. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1596
i don't think ppl like the RE12.1, im like the only one that ever mentions them, 1350-1450wrms at 1ohm, $390 shipped, and on other forums ppl said the build quality of ed was bad, and they said to stay away from their amps, but that was about 1year ago so it might be better now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us