How good is this?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 58
Ok, heres my setup...I have 2-10inch Alphasonic Q-Reference Series subs powered by a 350watt Visonic amp...yeah, I know, not the best...but it was inexpensive and sounds nice to me. I started with a 12inch Visonic sub hooked up to the same amp, but it didn't sound as good and distorted. Anyway, with my stock stereo system, I hit around 110db, with the 12 it hit 120db, and with the 2-10's I hit 128.9db...is this good for this setup? oh, the HU and front speakers are stock, and the stock rear speakers have been disconnected...everything really seems louder without them. anyway...before I ramble on too much more...How good is 128.9db with this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 386
good for people that do not like loud music

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
grrr, I asked if that is good for that setup? I mean, I know this is bottom of the barrel equipment...I dont expect it to blow my ears out or anything, I just want to know if 128.9 is good with that setup? please give an educated answer.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 195
educated answer-not good numbers. stock system on new cars could probably hit that!

and how you measuring that? you just guessing since you're saying your stock "hit about"?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 386
ctmike: jejeje my car doesn't hit that lol!

man 128 DB's is not loud for people that likes SPL, that's more a SQ setup, if you want Spl better save some money, i really think it's plenty loud what you're getting with that sub and for the money you spent " you can't argue"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
juliob, thanks...i just wondered if it was loud enough for the money i spent...and what is the difference between SPL and SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2695
how much did you spend on that setup?

and where did you get it?

also, where did you get metered??????
i have been looking for a place around monroe to do some tested for a long time!!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2696
btw....if that visonic amp is the one i amp thinkg about, it only puts out ~175-200wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 392
SPL sound pressure level (loudness)

SQ Sound Quality (quality jeje)

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 949
You should of bought Lanzar. They are the best and their cheap too. You get what you pay for unless you buy Lanzar(the best)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2698
bump

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 876
128 db is plenty enough sound to start ruining hearing, so I'd say it's plenty loud enough.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2703
its good for daily listening...i had 1 brahma 10" under may back seat for about a year, it did 132dB in my dialy box tuned to 32hz w/ 600wrms. I loved it.

if you want some lowest to blend w/ your mids...~130 is perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us