Archive through July 20, 2006ty mutlow100
Archive through June 29, 2006ty mutlow100
Archive through June 09, 2006ty mutlow100
Archive through May 16, 2006ty mutlow100
Archive through May 02, 2006kelly karnes100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: Fryeguy1967

Post Number: 3
I still need the stereo color wires codes for a 1993 Ford Explorer with a square black 8 pin connector and a flat grey 8 pin connector. The MORON who owned it before me cut the black connector off which is the speaker connector. I would just run wires to the speakers, but the vehicle has a built in amp, so I want to wire it up as well. HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE !!!!!

Username: Doraemon

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I am looking for the factory radio wiring color codes for a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood. I am trying to put the original radio back in. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 980
Mon Mon

Take it here! Click me!

Username: Emo_kid38034

Friendship, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 4
hey i need help with a 1990 ford taurus stock radio wiring.i need the details on the stock wire order.

Silver Member

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 986
1990 ford taurus with JBL, Premium or Base radio system???

Username: Randall_h

This is going to sound nuts, but I'm trying to put a stock AM FM cassette cd player out of a 2003 Ford F-150 into a 2006 chevy 1500 and I need wiring diagrams for both, can someone PLEASE help me, Thanks

Username: Alaria

Hi, Looking for some help please...I have a factory toyota tape/radio/cd deck, says it was made in '92, I took it out of a 4Runner. I have the plug, it has 15 pins as follows:
pin 1 - Pink w/ blue stripe
pin 2 - purple
pin 3 - grey w/ black stripe
pin 4 - blue w/ black stripe
pin 5 - brown
pin 6 - blue
pin 7 - black
second row pin 8 - black w/ red stripe
pin 9 - light green
pin 11 - black w/ white stripe
pin 12 - white
pin 13 - red
pin 14 - yellow
pin 15 - green
What does it mean? It also says anti-theft on it. Any chance someone can decipher this? Thank you thank you thank you...

Gold Member

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1059
Kombu Alaria

Click me! I am a lift for the schema !

Username: Tanders

Hi There,

Was just about to hook up a Kenwood DPX-301 and ran into a doubtful wire labeled Amp ground on my harness. It's not listed and I do have an amplifier in my 2005 Frontier. Should I just ground it with the other ground wire?

Username: Cashmack

Hello everyone. Can someone please post the stereo wiring diagram for a 2004 GMC Yukon XL Bose system?

Thanks in advance.

Username: Alaria

Post Number: 2
Jennifer, I can't log in. Is it possible to e-mail the schematic to me directly? alariata@gmail.com Thanks!

Username: Fyau

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 7
Hi Jennifer my superstar. I have bought a camera system for rear/reversing parking and want to install to my Honda CRV 2002 sport model. Have you got the schematics to extract the indication wire for reversing from the front control units? Many thanks in advance.

Username: Reckless92490

wiring diagram for a hyudai accent gl please

Gold Member

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... YAKUDZA JAP...

Post Number: 1131
Freddy

for you, Honda CRV 2002 backup circuit
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
2002 Honda CRV BackUp Circuit.zip (19.0 k)

Just in case: I connected my navigation unit (reverse wire) direct to right rear taillight back up ( + )light bulb...

Username: Fyau

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 8
Many thanks, Jennifer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
Anytime Freddy!

Username: Noreflection

well after searching and searching I havent found any thing, I would like to have the diagram from a 05 malibu classic and posably pin locations? I got a harness from best buy and it clips in but the unit wont power on and I noticed the the 4 pins to the side that cary power are in differnt locations. He gave me a harness for 98+ so that could be the problem.

Thanks

Username: Asleon

Hi, I have a '93 Toyota Corolla with a Factory AM/FM Tape deck, Model #A56403. I want to replace it with a Sanyo AM/FM/Tape/CD unit, but I can't find pinouts for the two plugs that go into the Factory deck. Do you have any info I can use? Is it worth looking for an adapter plug?
Thanks

Username: Smrts82

I am trying to find the easiest(and safest) power source to supply power to a dvd player and 2 headrest monitors in a 2004 chevy suburban. I don't know if I can power it off of the wires running to the power source on my dash without overloading it or whay the best solution is.

Username: Daviddaddy

Santa Maria, Ca U.S.A.

Hi I need Help i need an wiring diagram for a 89 dodge caravan i just bought a nice cd player for it and i dont want to mess it up ive installed cd players before with no problem but i also had the diagram so any help you could give me would be nice thank you so much

Username: D~m~a~n

Hello Everybody,

Im new here to this website and I need some help with my wiring. I have a 96 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Door Convertible I just recently took out the stock cd player because I wanted to install a new one.

Now I had to buy a harness for my new radio and a kit so that my radio would fit. I need to know what colors coming in from my car go with the radio. There are no labels except on the harness and the harness dosent even fit the clip on the wires coming from my car. But the harness does fit my cd player and says its suppose to fit my car. I think I neead a wiring diagram.

Not only that but the inside of my car lights wont come on. My keypad that I had no longer works for some reason. Does this have to do with the wires not being connected....?

Desperate please help.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
Devii McVicker

Click here!

Username: Jgelp7

I'm installing a new head unit in my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Infinity Gold system with no cd changer. I got a Scosche wiring harness and am having trouble finding any wire with constant power. I found the ignition power (red). There is also a mystery wire (yellow w/ violet) which plugged in seperate from the rest into the factory radio. Do you think you could help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1167

quote:

a mystery wire (yellow w/ violet)

do not toch that wire,it's PSI BUS wire (for diagnostic)

This is what you have to use it:

Upload
RED/WHT = Constant + 12V
WHT/RED = Acc wire.

Username: Farlie

Hi,

I have a 06 Mitsubishi Lancer and i want to replace the head deck, can anyone please help me locate on the web a wiring diagram for this model. I just need to determine what the coloured wires are.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1168
Jason Refalo
Do you have 4 speakers or 6 speakers and your mitsubishi model trim is a "evolution" ?

Post Number: 9
Jennifer, I dont know if this has anything to do with the wiring but after I installed the head unit, with not exactly flawless wiring (The only way it worked was when the yellow and the red wires from the installation harness were all together), my dome lights will not go off unless I turn the dash/interior lights completely off. They won't go off when being pushed. Also, my keyless entry on the keychain won't work. When I click lock or unlock, nothing happens. Did I blow a fuse or screw up the wiring? I don't see how the ehad unit installation could have done this, but it happened right after it was installed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1170
well this is a power side from your car (sound system)...but I cannot get it: why need the GRN/WHT wire from the trunk relay...What I think ,it's need for the alarm or for a power door control module
Upload
anyway:
ACC aka switched is = BLUE/Yellow
Power aka Constant is = +12V Red/Black

Try to connect like that and then try the doors(I mentioned remote control). I wiil check for you the dash light!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1171
Hah,I got it....Alright ,the GRN/Wht wire it's a power side from illumination and the blk/yellow wire it's a reverse wire( like the ground !). you have to connect both wires to illum.! This mitsubishi does not have a illumination control unit...they use for that a relay! (simple but crazy)

Username: Farlie

Do you have 4 speakers or 6 speakers and your mitsubishi model trim is a "evolution" ?

It's a four speaker system.

I tried to wire it up as per the instruction above, no luck. Relay box makes clicking sound when car is switched on to accessories.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
Something is no right. Tell me,from my picture all wires match to your car?
P.S. Check all fuses! and don't connect the illumination wires yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1175
Jgelp7 for you

Upload
check out all fuses!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So could wiring the head unit have any effect on making my dome lighst stay on? And thank you for all your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1176

quote:

my dome lighst stay on?

No, I do remember, all chrysler cars got special switch for dome light: if you turn that switch all the way up then the light will stay on...but if you make all the way down then it's compl. off.
BTW. Make it step by step...before connect all speakers, power +12 and switched wires. Try if it works ok.If ok, then connect illumination ,if you get problems with light...then we will start dig it diper!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Jennifer, I installed the new head unit and had all these problems so I put the stock one back in and the radio did not come on with it wired exactly how it was before we touched it. The radio fails to come on, the dome lights stay on unless you turn the dash and interior lights completely off, the keyless entry doesnt work, and the driver's door power lock only works for the driver's door now and not for the entire car. I'm going to have to bring it into the dealership to have it checked out. Has anyone else ever tried installing an aftermarket head unit into a Jeep Grand Cherokee '00 Lmtd and had the same problems? What is going on?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1178
hey Jgelp7 ,do not panic...You shorted something, check all fuses,that is all! Ok, remove your headunit and try if everything work without the hu... ,maximum you blew couple fuses...just check all fuse boxe (under hood,under dash)...First time always hard...but I am here ,I'll help you out!

Username: Rescue207

I am installing a pioneer DEH-P6500 In a 1993 Chevy full size pickup the problem I am having when I hooked everything up The CD player comes on but no sound Any Help apprecatied Thanks

Rescue207

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1564
1996 chevy Lumina factory radio wiring please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1179
Marc

I'll give you later!
Jgelp7!, do not go to the dealership,they will tell ya that it's you killed body control module (BCM)and it's cost you $1000...just in case rebuild BCM $500...the radio circuit does not depend of the power lock circuit...check all fuses,every box with tester or DMM !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
Duane Rush ,I just checked your car but I didn't see any speakers..you forgot to buy it!

Nope they are factory 2 on the dash and 2 behind the seats it is a pickup truck thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
Marc
for you click here!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
Duane Rush! what is exactly...K1500 or? and what was before Amp,EQ...?

I had to take the Eq / cassette player out and put the pioneer in

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
Duane,Clik here!
You will get two schemas with amp and without amp,just check them and I am sure you will find your problem!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I've checked the fuses and they're all good. If it was a short, then why would the interior lights stay on? Something with the radio removal has effected my power locks, windows, keyless entry, and interior lights. I'm utterly confused.

Jennifer I also took the recever out from under dash should I have done that cause the wires that was on top of the recever was what I was needing for the wireing harness

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
without radio> power locks, windows, keyless entry, and interior lights working or not?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I installed the aftermarket head unit and the power locks, windows, and keyless entry did not work and the interior lights stayed on unless completely shut off(dash lights and all). I removed the aftermarket and put the stock back in just as it was, but it did not power up. I'm thinking there might be some sort of anti-theft on it to keep it from working right now. Any ideas on how to sort out this mess and have everything work properly, whether the car have the stock or aftermarket head unit?

Username: Longbonger22

Replacing the speakers in my 2001 Jeep Cherokee, and I'm looking for a wiring diagram. It's the 60th Anniversary Sport Edition. Thanks!

Username: Fluxfuture

I got a new radio for Christmas andI need a wiring diagram for a 88 Grand AM so I know what color wires go to what speaker. PLEASE HELP! I'm been looking for this info all week.

Username: Hockeyrocks701

Hey, I Am Installing A Clarion DXZ365MP Into My Toyota Tercel 99. The Clarion Deck Wiring Gives Me A Choice Of Two Yellow (Battery/Constant), One 15 A, And One 3 A. Which One Do I Connect To The Wiring Kit. After Connecting All The Wires I Am Left With A Brown Wire And An Extra Blue One...Do I Lve Them Unconnected. The Other Blue/White Was For Power Antenna. Somebody Told Me The Brown Wire Is The Ground Wire But The Black Wire Is Ground That I Connected. Help Plz!

Username: 96intrepid66comet

Vancouver, BC

I saw an email on this forum about a user that had trouble with their dash and tail lights fuse blowing after installing a new deck. I had the same problem on my 96 Intrepid last night when I installed it. I plugged the ground wire from the deck into the original ground wire that was used on my original factory deck and the fuse blew every time I replaced it. The wiring harness I bought for it actually advised me to wire the ground wire from the deck directly to the chassis of the car. I ignored that and used the original ground wire. Today I decided to change that around so I could get my tail and dash lights working... I attached the ground wire to a piece of metal that comes up from behind the deck and it worked. No more fuses blowing! Does anyone know why this happens?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Jennifer, have you seen or heard of someone installing and aftermarket head unit into a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and having no problems with it? I'm beginning to think if the car just can't have a new head unit installed.

Username: Ghost117

Perth, Western Aust... Australia

Hi there
I am trying to install a Kenwood KDC-MP433 into my daughter's 92 Toyota Paseo and am having trouble with the wiring. An ealier entry gave the following colours (below)but the colours I have are;
Red, Yellow, Black, Brown, White
Pink, Purple, Light Green, Blue, Grey, Red/Yellow stripe, Green, White/Black stripe

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 07:22 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992-93 Toyota Paseo Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 4" Doors
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

Can anyone help??

Ken

Username: Misifus

hi, could anyone please help me,i want to install a pioneer cd on a 1995 gmc safari van and i need the wiring color code.. thanks

Username: Larata

Hello All,

Does anyone have a stereo wiring schematic for a 2004 Yukon XL? Would be very appreciative if you could post, or send it to me...Thank you very much in advance....

Username: Larata

To Clarify, trying to hardwire a XM satellite system, and want to hotwire it into the factory stereo wiring harness....Again, thank you for your assistance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Jen, When installing the new HU in the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited I used a Scosche CR01B/CR01 wiring harness to connect the wires. You said that the yellow/violet wire was the PSI BUS wire and not to touch it. So would I just unplug it and leave it? There is no place for it to connect to the new HU. Will the car not function properly with that wire not connected? As I've said, once I installed the new HU, the whole car went out of wack. The radio was a blown fuse, so I got that to work; but the power windows, locks, interior lights, and keyless entry are all out of order. I've brought the car into the dealership to be fixed, but I'm wondering if the new HU will not be able to be installed and if it will just be a waste.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 628
Jennifer...

Hello. I'm pretty impressed with how many people you have been helping! Very nice!!!

I, too, have a question for ya:
I have a Clarion DRX6675z head unit (2000 model) including the wiring harness... here's the problem - I have no idea which colors mean what!? There's no key code to follow to determine which colors are what. Can you please help me on this?

the wiring harness looks like this: (top row first - left to right, bottow row last - left to right)

black/yellow/orange/blue/blue/red/BLANK/green

yellow/purple/purple/grey/grey/white/white/green

i've already determined green, purple, grey, and white as speaker wire.
I'm assuming black is ground.

please help with the rest.

Thanks, girl!!! you're the best!

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

anybody besides Jennifer who would like to help... please do.

thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
ABOUT THAT CHUPACABRAS THING YOU POSTED, Jennifer!!!

I was born and raised in Douglas, Arizona... right smack on the Mexican border (town on the other side is called Agua Prieta, Sonora.

That's where one of the sightings was first found, I believe. I know this sounds like bs, but apparently a chupacabras attacked or maybe ATE a little baby! I don't remember, but one of the 2 for sure. Anyways, US television touched on the subject then abandoned it. But, since I have family in Mexico (and easy access to the Mexican channels) - I saw it ALL OVER THE NEWS in Mexico... for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. Apparently, it was true, but the us government controls what our media is allowed to broadcast. Mexico doesn't answer to them. Anyways, I know some stuff about it. You interested?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1208
wow...THANKs BABE for your warm WORDS ! don't pay aten...I am still drunk!!! Happy New Year!

Alright! Are you looking radio schema for dodge ram van 1991...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
dodge ram 1991.gif

does it looks like that ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1212
or you need just clarion 16 pin out diagram?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
ok this is for clarion:
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
clarion.zip (88.7 k)

Username: Bwayney

Hello Everyone I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS and i despereatly need a wiring diagram for the stock audio deck. i am trying to install my new Kenwood deck that i jsut purchased but i guess my stock deck doesnt have a harness or something, and you have to connect every wire individiually. I have a lables of each wire and a harness on the new deck. SO IF ANYONE CANN HELP ME IN ANY WAY ID BE SO GRATEFUL!!!! Thanks everyoen and happy holidays!

Brandon

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
Brandon! your car with oem amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
HOLY MOLY!!!
You tripped me out!!!
How did you know I have a Dodge Ram Van??????!

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
your welcome, by the way (for the warm words).

but actually, no... it's for a 70something Impala. I'm about to "unzip" that clarion thing... I'll let you know if that's it.

Thanks babe!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
Hey, Jennifer.

I'm sorry, but when I unzipped the link, my computer said that "the document is an invalid format or is not supported".

What does that mean?
How do I get around that?

Bummer......
are you online right now?!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1247
Sean!

this is for you Click here!

Username: Hockeyrocks701

Hey, I Am Installing A Clarion DXZ365MP Into My Toyota Tercel 99. The Clarion Deck Wiring Gives Me A Choice Of Two Yellow (Battery/Constant), One 15 A, And One 3 A. Which One Do I Connect To The Wiring Kit. After Connecting All The Wires I Am Left With A Brown Wire And An Extra Blue One...Do I Lve Them Unconnected. The Other Blue/White Was For Power Antenna. Somebody Told Me The Brown Wire Is The Ground Wire Also, The Black Wire Has A Weird Tip Like It Has To Be Screwed To A Bolt. Which Wire Do I Use. Help Plz!

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
Thank you so much, Jennifer!!!

Shamir: the brown wire is the phone mute wire! Don't worry about it, unless you know how or need to.

Basically, check out the post above your last one... everything is in there. The head unit is almost the same model and I'll be willing to bet $20.00 that it works for yours too.

Again, all this would've never been possible "sin la ayuda de una jovensita bien intelligente... que, gracias a dios, estaba aqui para contestar nuestros preguntas de flojo!"

Oye, Jennifer, porque no me mandas un retrato para ver su cadita? Desculpeme... se me olvido preguntarte... estas casada? Si no, pues aver si me mandas uno, no?

lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Has anyone installed a head unit into a Limited Jeep Grand Cherokee under 2002 (The ones with the PCI Bus wire) and had no problems with it? Where does the PCI Bus wire come in if I have an aftermarket HU with no place to plug it in to?

Username: Jenki10

Does anyone have wiring for 2006 GMC Sierra factory bose premium. I want to add to the factory sub amp. THX Glen

Username: Rhodetrip222

Jen, here's one for you...
Need the wiring diagram for the harness that runs between the HU and amp on a 03 Tundra. I want to install an EQ between the two using line level ins and outs. Is that possible? Can we make that happen?

Also I'll be doing some work on my wife's 97 Camry. I don't think it comes with a seperate amp but i'm not sure...

Based on previous posts, it looks like the color coding on Toyota stereos is pretty much the same across the board (within reason of course). You gave somebody color codes for a 97 Corolla and a 92 Camry and they're the same. Will they also apply to the 97 Camry? Thanks a bunch! RhodeTrip

Username: Pisatel

Chicago, IL USA

Hi guys, Please help me to find wiring diagram for car audio. 1999 Ford Econoline E-150
I could not find wire harness in any of the stores. They are for sale on Ebay, but it takes around 1 week to get it.
Can't wait so long.

Thanks a LOT!!!

Username: Justin_kc09

I need a wiring color diagram for my factory cd player in my 2001 gmc sierra.

Username: Jpineapples

Moved from individual post ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there ... yay me! First post!

Trying to install a factory headunit back into a wee Daihatsu Mira. Sold car so taking my cd mp3 headunit out and reinstalling the factory tape HU.

All wiring looks correct but the HU is not powering on at all.

Have tested Red wire (Ignition Switched power source) and this has power all the way to the unit (spliced wire just before entry to hu to test).
Tested the Yellow wire (Clock memory etc - Constant power source) and there isn't power at all on this wire. I plan to correct this through further investigation.

My question to anyone here is "Do BOTH the constant power wire (yellow) and switched power wire (red) need to be connected for the unit to function? Should there be some sign of life from the HU if only the red wire is connected.

ps - Any chance of a wiring diagram for a 1992 Mazda Autozam A3 4 cyclinder?

Moved from individual post ..

Trying to install a factory headunit back into a wee Daihatsu Mira. Sold car so taking my cd mp3 headunit out and reinstalling the factory tape HU.

Have tested Red wire (Ignition Switched power source) and this has power all the way to the unit (spliced wire just before entry to hu to test).
Tested the Yellow wire (Clock memory etc - Constant power source) and there isn't power at all on this wire. I plan to correct this through further investigation.

My question to anyone here is "Do BOTH the constant power wire (yellow) and switched power wire (red) need to be connected for the unit to function? Should there be some sign of life from the HU if only the red wire is connected.

Moved from individual thread ..

Post Number: 5
omg .. sorry guys, computer was not letting me post then I check again and there are 3 of the same posts!! :-( Good start to my posting on this forum .. ! \clipart

Username: Kquinn

Hi All,

Looking for a wiring diagram for a 2006 Dodge 1500 automatic. Trying to install a new audio system with GPS and a rear camera. The hold up is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire location and color. Any help will be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks
Kevin

Username: Farrelli

i've got a '01 grand prix GT, want to hook up a amp and subs, was told i cant do it with stock stereo, but if i put in a aftermarket one, ill loose the steering wheel comtrols??? any suggestions

Username: Gsdev68

Need some help in obtaining wiring info for stock 05/06 CRV head unit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 182
LoL, I dont mean to ask such stupid question, but is this just for car audio or can you find other wiring schematics . . . . I did not see a link

Username: Southerndesignz

Cape Coral, Fl Usa

I need help with wiring a Pioneer DEH-1500 CD Player into a 1979 Buick Lesabre. I can't find my owners manual for the wiring diagram nor can I seem to find one online. Anyone know how to hook this up?

Username: Southerndesignz

Cape Coral, Fl Usa

Buick is a GM Car, anyone know the wiring for that make? it would be greatly appreciated!!!

(haven't wired a GM in 7 years! My cadillac has since then been stolen & not yet been found)

Username: E442

i need help with wire colors for a 86 blazer 2 dr, have to hotwire it but cant figuire out power and ground colors and some of the speakers

Username: Silentrage

I need help on a 96 Ford Explorer stereo...The wires are cut so now what wire is what I need to know to hook up my JVC head unit What are the colors codes for the stock explorer wires ???

Username: Domz76

Hi, please help me. I am trying to install a kenwood cd player into my 1989 (AE95) Toyota Corolla 4WD Sta Wagon. I removed the factory one, and hooked up the wires correctly. Somehow I managed to short out the radio & dome light fuses (which I replaced), but now there is no current coming through BOTH the perm12V (YELLOW) and the IGN (RED) leads. I can't find any other blown fuses in the car and in the engine bay. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams? There is very limited info on this car model - not even a Haynes manual was produced as far as I know. Thanks, Dom

Username: Racerdude15

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

on that 86 blazer...i would say that red should be the ign power, yellow should be constant 12v...ground is black....im not completely sure but i wired my 85 fiero today and they were those colors

Username: Hittinhard

Can anybody help me with the wiring colors for the radio in a 2002 rodeo.

Username: Antonio123

Vancouver, Bc Canada

Jennifer! I see you have the knowledge! Help me out pretty please! 1989 gmc sierra 1500 radio wire harness color codes for Left spkr (+) and all that!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
Antonio

Click HERE!
Enjoy!

Vancouver, Bc Canada

WOW OMG!!! THANK YOU Jennifer! that was quick, i also have 2 questions if youre willing to answer. 1.) do all connections from stereo wires to vehicle speaker wires have to be made in order for the stereo to turn on inside the truck?
2.) How do u connect those 2 power wires to the car battery to test if the deck actually works?

Your thoughts?
THANKS AGAIN Jennifer you are amazing!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1404

quote:

How do u connect those 2 power wires to the car battery to test if the deck actually works?

Straight to battery : The power wire with the memory wire to plus terminal! and negative wire(ground) to minus terminal! You can hook up some speaker too!

Vancouver, Bc Canada

haha! alright thanks again Jenn!! I knew it was something like that but wasnt sure. haha i accidently blew the fuse i hooked up the wrong wires but thanks for all the help!!! you were the only one i could get an answer from on the internet!!! YOU ARE THE BEST! haha talk to you later

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1858
Jen- I like that you are helping everyone out where the rest of the forum doesn't want to. Think you can help me out now? Could you help me with a 92 Civic? I need to know the colors of the wires and what they are. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1418
ReArrangeYaMind!

Thanks for your words!
this is for you:
Click Here!

Username: Strandman

Carlsbad, Ca Us

i need help with the wire colors for a 1989 ford club wagon. any help would be greatly appreciated

Username: Shefki_gadishi

Hello all,
Can anyone help me out, I'm trying to install new pioneer deh-4800-mp on a 1996 Ford Probe GT, any help will do.
Thanks

Username: Rwhit59

Granite City, Illinois USA

I need help with the wiring diagram on the AM/FM Cassette radio in a 99 Ford Windstar Van. I am putting in a cheap CD player in my girlfreinds van but I do not know which factory wires go to the hot, speakers etc.I do have the wiring diagram for vthe radio I am installing.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Randy}}

Username: Countrygirl

anyone needing wiring help for car audio look no further, I have found the best site yet, it has wiring diagrams, crosscodes, and installation help with pictures. it is
www.installdr.com
look here before you ask for help you will probably find that you no longer need to ask for help.

Username: Gskelectronics

I'm installing a navigation system and need some help with locating VSS wire for 2000 Honda CRV.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
angelo spathis

Click Here!

Username: Enderspaul

HI,
I installed a Sony head unit in my 2000 Dodge Stratus, 100% according to the wiring harness. Although the balance and fader work fine (so at least some of the wires are doing what they should) the speakers in the door do not work at all and the back speakers and tweeters only give very low volume, high tone sound. Would anybody have a suggestion what this could be? (when I put the factory radio back all speakers work fine).
Thanks

Paul

Username: Nermal

i need help finding wiring schematics for interior of a chevy p30 motorhome. can anyone help?

Username: Larry6906

I need the wiring diagram for a 1998 Ford Taurus sedan. Please help me I'm going crazy here. I thought I did everything right but when I turn the volume up the unit cuts in and out.

Username: Hoomun

hi there i need help with wiring diagram of a Ford falcon Gli 1998.
thank u

Username: Crowder5

need help with wiring code for 94 dodge grand caravan radio,it has am/fm-cassette.send any info to sfcgocret@hotmail.com thanks for help.

Username: Justinmoyer

Wellpinit, Washington U.S.

I need a diagram for 2007 gmc sierra slt classic with the amplified bose system and onstar. i pulled out half the wires when taking out the HU. i bought a new harness but the colors are different for the wires.

Username: Bighedstev

need diagrams for 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 truck. Email bighedstev@hotmail.com or post here thanks in advance :-)

Username: Taylorsmythe

Hey, I'm new here, but I need help!

I need stereo wiring diagrams for a 1994 Chevy Camaro. I've looked around on this site and also googled extensively.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Username: Mikrodon

CA USA

I need a lighting (tail lights, turn signals, brake lights) wiring diagram for my 2007 Honda CRV. I suspect that a 2006 CRV would be close. Want to tow behind a motorhome, and need to find the best place in the front of the car to tap into the wiring.

Jennifer, can you help? Pleeeeze?

Username: Buskirk26

Bangor, PA Unisted states

i need some help, 1995 chevy cavalier wiring diagram and some help on what colors to match if thats good

Bronze Member
Username: Justin_15_07

Manitou Beach, Michigan United States

Post Number: 27
I recently wired up a new cd player. and in order for it to even work at all the 2 battery positives must be touched for it to work, and when i turn it off, everything i saved resets, also my motorized face goes down but not up..what should i do?

Justin, does that go for every head unit and if so what colors from the car are usually the two battery positives

Username: Utlee00

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHICH IS THE SPEAKER WIRE AND POWER WIRE ON THE WIRE HARNESS FOR A 99 FORD EXPLORER??? i am hooking up my system to the factory cd player and have to wire the rca adapter and power wire to it. a picture would be great but any help is very appreciated!!! i just need the colors...

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu...USA

Post Number: 2613
Jenifer, I know I've asked before,but I cant find the post... what are the colors for the rear speaker wires on a 2004 Dodge Neon Radio

i need

RR+
RR-
LR+
LR-

Gold Member

Http://www.realmofexcu...USA

Post Number: 2624
nevermind found it on the internet.

Username: Mazman

1996 MAZDA 626 DX
Mechanic had to take off the dashboard to replace the shifting (??) cable.
AM radio no longer works. FM does work.
The mechanic swears that everything is plugged in correctly. Brought it back to him and we replaced the radio, still didn't work.
Any ideas on what can be wrong or does anybody have a wiring schematic????
Thanks

Username: Diana24k

Hello everyone, 2007 4 Runner with a JBL system, and we will be putting in a Navigation system in. I understand that there is no wiring harness or bypass for the JBL and RDS, therefore we will have to hard wire it in. Does anyone have any advise??
Thank you in advance . ... Diana

Username: Diana24k

Dear Shlomo
re: your mazda 626
Did the Mechanic check the antenna? - sounds to me that there is something that is either not plugged in , or the wire might be damaged .you might want to take it to another place to check it out -get a second opinion.

hey can anybody help me out, i have a 1995 chevy cavalier and i need a wiring diagram, i have the cd player hooked up but i am getting no sound out of the speakers, can anybody help me please, thank you

Username: Dflow99

85 crown vic ltd???

Username: Tkeaffaber

Does anybody have the wiring diagram (meaning of wire colors) for a 1995 cutlass supreme my stereo was stolen and I am trying to put a new one in but they cut the wires so short they arent labled anymore. Thanks.

Gold Member

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2689
Jen, or anyone else...I need to know what wire on a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT stock am/fm/cd player I can tap into for the remote on my amp. Please get back to me asap, email is Scheatham@hotmail.com or Bagh@rocketmail.com

Gold Member

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2697
once again, took to long , got my answer on another forum...in case anyone else needs it...
its the red wire with white stripe, thats the radio ignition wire, so the amp will come on with the radio, unless you do like me and put an inline switch on the remote wire.

Username: Dkstr24

I have a 1996 pontiac grand AM and i hooked up the wires with the scoche wiring harness but have the yellow wire and dont know were to put it can you help me?

Username: Crackerdude1212

Kalamazoo, Michigan United States

anyone know the wiring diagram for an 03 toyota tundra?

Username: Khumphrey

Need color codes for stereo wiring on a 1996 Ford Taurus. I also need to confirm where the antenna cable is supposed to be. Can't find it inside the dash. Thanks.

Username: Rockwrestler

Sacramento, CA USA

Trying to install a new cd deck in a 1985 celica gt. Except the wiring diagram in the repair manual I have shows different colored wires that what is in the dash. Anyone know what wire corresponds to which unit?

Username: Joshypoo1718

Portland, New york Usa

I NEED HELP, I HAVE A 1990 fORD PROBE GL, AND I NEED THE WIRED COLOR CODE FOR THE CARS RADIO, please help! PWEAAAAAAASSEEEE

Username: Oilyfishhead

Louisburg, NC

Hi Y'all,
I'm working on a '96 Chevy Impala SS. It has the factory, single CD, head unit. I am looking for a diagram of the 9 pin connector that would connect to the optional cassette deck if I had one. I am trying to figure out how to "trick" the head unit into thinking that the cassette deck is installed.
thanks

Username: Kstaves

I am installing a 2005 Corolla 6-disc factory HU into my 2001 Toyota Tundra. Can anybody help me out with the wiring diagram and color codes?

Username: Scarhardt

EMO, ONT CANADA

wow, being a new member jennifer is quite impressive in knowledge, i am very impressed!

and by the way, jennifer do you have the specs for doing a clarion DXZ655-MP to an 2004 impala?

thanks for any help peeps

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 363
03 Tundra wiring.
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION |
| 12V|white/red or white |+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|green/black |+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|black/red |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|blue/red |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|white/green |- |either kick panel |
| POWER UNLOCK|red/yellow |- |either kick panel |
| LOCK MOTOR|blue/white | |drivers door harness |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|black/yellow | |drivers door harness |
| DISARM DEFEAT|red/yellow | |drivers door harness |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|green | |drivers kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|red/black | |steering column |
| HEADLIGHTS|green/yellow |- |steering column |
| DOOR TRIGGER|white/blue |- |drivers door harness |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger | | |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM| | | |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|blue/black |- |drivers door harness |
| TACHOMETER|black or blu/wht *1 | |instrument cluster, brn plug|
| SPEED SENSE|green/orange |4k |instrument cluster, brn plug|
| BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |drivers kick panel |
| HORN TRIGGER|green/red |- |steering column |
| WIPERS|blue/black |+ |steering column |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|lt. grn - blu/yel |A |drivers window switch |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|red/blk - red/grn |A |drivers kick panel |
| RADIO 12V|blue/yellow |+ |radio |
| RADIO GROUND|brown |- |radio |
| RADIO SWITCH|gray |+ |radio |
| RADIO ILLUMINATE|green |+ |radio |
| POWER ANTENNA| | | |
| LF SPEAKER|pink - purple | |radio |
| RF SPEAKER|green - blue | |radio |
| LR SPEAKER|black - yellow | |radio |
| RR SPEAKER|red - white | |radio |

Notes:
*1 It is black on the 6 cylinder models, and blue/white on the 8 cylinder models, at the instrument cluster. On the 6 cylinder models the black wire is also found on the drivers side of the motor at the diagnostic connector. On the 4.7L V8 can also use black/blue at coil #1 on the drivers side.

Silver Member

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 364
Joshua,

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/899.html

Silver Member

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 365
Keith, Celica

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/2047.html

Username: Amin

Can anyone help me get the wiring diagram for a 'Clarion DRX6375' head unit? I got it from my dad and it's kind of old so i don't have any of the guides for it.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Username: Audio_russell

St.John's, Newfoundland Canada

I was trying to hot wire my cd deck into my sunfire 2000. I was wondering what color do you splice with the REM/blue amp wire with. i cant use a harnes because there is non for it, besides a $70 one that you have to keep the old deck in the trunk. If there are any tips it would be great. Amin, for your cd deck you might just want to buy a wiring harness to fit your car and match the colors, usually the yellow is power, red is acc., black is ground, the spk. wires are light color pos. and dark negative. That might help you out a bet.

Username: Psanati77

I'm trying to install an amp and subs into my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited with the Infinity system and CD changer. I was wondering what color wire I need to tap into to hook up to my amp (I think it's called the ignition wire maybe?) I noticed earlier posts saying its the Red/White one. Is this correct? Thanks lots

Username: Joto_says_what

Gardena, Cali mother ...

yo im knew to the game and im only 19 im about to get my LIFE!! started saturday if i can install an viper alarm in a chrysler dnt know what year but dose it matter any ways can sum one pleas pleas helpe me out with sum wire diagrams pleas for the car and alarm pleas!

Username: Thadrizzle

Forest Park, GA USA

Hello, New guy here and was hoping to get a couple of quick and I belive easy answers from you guys after reading over some of the post...
The Stereo in my car now is awsome but, like any system givin enough time they need to be added to/upgraded. I went to the local Radio Active and had a guy listen to my sytem after we talked about it while my friend was having some work done. I guess you can read my profile to see what I have now but, he said the MTX speakers I had where awful That r being pushed channel per channel w/ a MTX Thunder series 4/400w. The "Expert" said he could hook me up w/ a better sub sytem then the one I had because it was beeing over powered by my "shitty" MTX mid rangers. And He would probably just run some add on tweeters and have my Kenwood Epcelon head unit push those.

Well, I have some very very nice (I Think) Alpine Type R 1500w 12"ers waiting on the preordered box and I got some Kenwood KFC-ST30's to give me a lil' more High but, I went out there this morning to find I was a little confused about how to go about wireing them....I have unues speaker wire for rf/lf and r/r and l/r but no sound comes out of the tweeters. I know I am just over worked and underpaid and tired and missing something but but, I would really like to hear any suggestions you guys have. I feal silly I wired up a Parrott 3200 LS-GPS but I can't get my head unit to puss two lousy tweeters.

I think I am going to like this forum btw it's alot like many a gaming forums I admin. and on much more technical topics..

Username: Peter_griffan

NorthshoreNewzealand

help, havin real trouble findin a link for a manual for alpine mda-w933j, amp meter sayin no read out from RCA's plugged in to back of the head unit, so my amp and sub hav no sound running to them, any help would be much appreciated

Username: Sebdc

Edmond, Oklahoma

I recently bought a Pioneer Model # KP-5500 Shaft style radio. I need to know which wire is which. Can anyone help?

Username: Ven_ado

i need 1999 dakota infinity amplifier pinout.
amplifier=36670

Silver Member

Mesa, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 706
Hello... I just got an Orion 2150 SX amplifier and I'm not sure what wires are what. Do you have a key to tell me what each wire means? Also, there's a funky looking outlet on the side labeled "input"... looks old!

One more thing... i wanted to test it out to see if it at least turned on... so i put the power and the remote wire together directly to my battery. It DID turn on, but then it turned off... now it won't work that way anymore. Why?

Thanks for all your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
Also, I am hooking it up to my factory stereo in the a 1990 Dodge Ram Van (don't worry... I have an Alpine cd changer with an FM modulator) - so, I need a wiring diagram for the Dodge Ram Van so that I can hook the right wire up to the remote wire of the amp. I'm sure you know what I mean... you're THE BEST!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
Hello? Anybody?
I also need the schematics for the 1990 dodge ram van (which is the remote wire, etc)

thanks

Username: Bmoredoug08

Baltimore, Maryland USA

hey everyone..
I need a wiring diagram for a 2000 yukonXL to install a aftermarket headunit..The original is in there and I need my avic asap !!
Thanks everyone, I did a search and came up with nothing for this year and make / model vehicle...

Username: Jsmooth0

Hillcrest, Ny United States

Hello can anyone please help me out. I am looking for a Stereo Diagram for a 95 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. I have seen the diagrams for a regular 95 exlorer and the wires do not match up. Thanks

Username: Chex36

Can someone tell me the wiring color codes for a 1995 Dodge Caravan? Thanks!

Username: Jerk3rd

I need The stereo wiring for a 1993 jeep cherokee

Username: Maxistaur

Albania Albania

Hi, need Alarm,keyless entry wiring for "Ford Escort 1992 coupe", european made. Would appreciate very much since tired of searching and not finding the exact colors..

Username: Ejayaseelan

Gaborone, Mogoditshane Botswana

PLS GIVE ME A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR RENAULT SCENIC
THANKS

Username: Raandra

hello. i am new to this site. i am installing a hydrogen generator and an efie the generator is installed but need help with the efie. i need diagram of engine wiring and specifically the location of the MAP and the ECU and which wires to attach to. thanks
raandra

Username: Jpo22

Howard city, Michigan Usa

hey jen i need to desperatly know what wires are what on my 1993 ford f150 im trying to install the originall radio back in it and im not sure wich wires go where after the speakers if u could let me know i would greatly appreciate it.....

Username: Whosyourdaddy

need help with 1995 ford explorer expidition control trac 4 wheel drive need diagram or some sort of help if n e one nows

Username: Whosyourdaddy

wiring help

Bronze Member
Username: Iwishiwaskevinfederline

Post Number: 11
i have a 2004 chevy impala 3.4 liter V6 and it has a factory amp, im having problems installing a new stereo . the harness i have the acc cable doesn't match and i dont want to wire it directly to battery. so i need to know which cable is the acc cable

ps. the car harness does not have a yellow cable (it does but its a speaker cable) .... and the orange cable is the constant. and i have like 4 cables that i dont know what they do

Username: Acooke1525

Help me... I am installing a kenwood deck into a 2003 Chevy Cavalier for my brother. From the deck I have only one wire left to hook up it is the red ignition wire, but on the cavalier I have a purple wire, an extra grey wire and an extra black wire. Ive connected the ground and speaker wires as well as the constant. Where do I put this red iginition wire????

Username: Robert_cj

Post Number: 9
Hello, I am newbie here.

Username: Madman0629

Mount Morgan, Queensland Australia

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Upload

Hey anyone i need help wiring a super sound ka4000 400watt 12v amplifier into a 5 door Hyundai Excel. I think I used the wrong power cable. Can anyone help me to choose the right power cable, and the right speaker cables. I got it off my old man but he doesn't have a clue neither. This is all the info i have on it.

Upload

Super Sound Amp 400 watts
Model: Ka4000 amp
Max power output: 400 watts
Frequency Responsoable: 15hz-30khz
Load Impendance: min 2 ohms
S/N Ratio: 80db
Low level Rca inputs: 23mv
High Level Line Input: 320mv
Power Requirements 12V
I don't knw the max current draw.

Sorry about the spelling for some words.
I have no clue of what half of that means. Can someone help me. Thanks

Upload

Username: George357

Bremerton, Wa United States

i have a 95 jeep gc limited and have replaced the hu with a sony gtx-gt510. the tuner functions proform just fine but the cd won't produce sound even though the display indicates the cd is being read

Username: George357

Bremerton, Wa United States

found my answer at sony.com who were kind enough to refer me to a web site. seems the power amp is powered off the power antenna lead (blue) which i tapped into the (acc) red. now all modes work. the only draw back seems the power antenna sounds like it is trying to cycle beyond its travel limit

Username: Nic151

I was needing a color coding diagram for a 89 chevy suburban. i was looking into putting a VR3 sound system in but i dont know what each colored wire goes to..please and thanks you guys..

Username: Justorivera

South Bend, IN USA

Hello,
I need a color code to install a used cd player for a 1993 jeep grand chk. Someone stole my other one and ripped out the wires now I don't know what the colors mean and I can't use just the plug in wire harness. Cam someone please help me out. Having no music in the car sucks.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us