Speakers pop plus more noise

Username: Silentsnow

FL

Post Number: 1
Ok, I have just installed two Kicker amps(120 & 240) into my Honda Accord. The 240 powering the sub works perfectly fine. The 120 is running my 4 speakers. The HU is an Alpine 7875. The problem I'm having is there is noise coming through the speakers with the engine on, I have unplugged both sides of the RCAs(HU & amp)and it stops both times. The ground is clean. Sound is clear when car is off or alternator is off. I've checked and rechecked connections and I can't find a problem.
Other problem is when I turn the volume up... past 7, the speakers pop and turn off, but comes back on after a few seconds but pops again unless I turn it down. Also, the speakers pop when the amps turn on. Anyone have a solution to this mess?

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 99
maybe you need more power in your amp..
How many watts is your subwoofer(s)?
How many watts is your each speaker?

FL

Post Number: 3
Let me add this... I took these components out of my Dodge Ram and just put them in my Honda. Like I said, the sub works fine. The speakers are factory however, which I'm guessing is the reason why they pop when I turn the volume up, but I can't figure out where the "engine noise" or the pop during power up is coming from.

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 100
did you run the RCA cables with the power cable?
OR just tell me how the wiring is done in your car..
Maybe that will help

FL

Post Number: 4
Power cable down driver side, rca, remote, and speaker wire down passenger. Installed on back of rear seats.

FL

Post Number: 5
Ok, I went back, took out my seats, rewired everything and I partially fixed the problem. The engine noise is down to just a humm that I assume has to do with grounding but its bare metal and the wires are not even 2 ft long. Since I'm able to turn the volume up now, at the higher volumes it gets distorted which I assume is in the settings but the amp is set to hi and the bass is at 0 on the radio. Any ideas? I'm getting new speakers so I think that problem will go away but the light humm may get irritating.

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 214
what gauge power and what gauge ground???

FL

Post Number: 6
4 gauge into junction 8 gauge to the amps for power, 8 gauge for both grounds

FL

Post Number: 7
Problems have been fixed. Thanks for trying to help though.

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 254
well tell us what what wrong! :-)

FL

Post Number: 8
I bought infinity speakers for front and back(on ebay for around $50 combined...brand new!!!). After installing those I went through and checked all the wires because the sound quality returned but the amp kept cutting in and out at high volumes and I found out that one of the speakers wires had become pinched which was causing it to ground itself. Now, it's loud and clear as hell... The way it should be.

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 17
what kind of amp is it

and where in FL do you live at

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 18
sorry i was only reading this

because the sound quality returned but the amp kept cutting in and out at high volumes and I found out that one of the speakers wires had become pinched which was causing it to ground itself. Now, it's loud and clear as hell... The way it should be.

nvm about the amp then where in FL are you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us