Kicker solobaric 06' l5 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Shredmaster1013

Post Number: 34
I have an mtx mono amp http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-Mono-Subwoofer-Amplifier-TA3401-/sem/rpsm/oid/118178/catOid/-13095/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do running a l5 12" sub..
at high volume lvls even when the bass and gain aren't turned up.. the sub will stop hitting.. and it sounds like a hollow sound when this happens.. Is this because this amp isn't giving it enought power? What amp should I invest in to push this sub to it's limits?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2656
you are most likly driving the amp into clipping.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 337
i don't think that amp can handle a kicker l5 at high volumes so you better think of buying a new amp

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Post Number: 25
my kx600.1 kicker amp has done that a few times when I had the gain set incorrectly , driving the same sub as you.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 340
kevin your amp is more powerful than his and can handle more power, but his is just 200w for one kicker l5 and at full volume is gonna go to protection mode, i've done that with a lot of amps, i grabbed a legacy and connect it 600w subs and it went to protection mode like a 100 times

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
What amp should I look into to push the sub to it's limits? How much louder will an amp upgrade be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
bump....

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 935
i think that that amp has clipping protection so that when u clip it it turns itsself down for protection. There should be a little pin-sized hole on one side of the amp that has a switch behind it to turn this off and on. but beware it is there for protection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us