Alpine MRD-M1005 (Mono Subwoofer Amplifier)

Username: Dominick1234

Post Number: 1
I was just wondering wat could be wrong with my amp.........IT shut off and its basically brands new and the screen says cur=current and i didnt even have the amp all the way up.....so if ne one has ne ideas on wats wrong with it plz let me kno.....and it dont smell likes its fried.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 989
that usually happens when your clipping your amp.. make sure the input Level is not past half way.. alpine amps go from -24 db to 0 itl depend on your headunit preout voltage to determine exactly what to set it at

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 772
what speakers are connected to it? how are they connected?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 990
^ thatl do it to if u have it hooked up wrong. what are the voice coil configerations?

Post Number: 2
I have two alpine type r subwoofers they r dual voice coil 4 ohm...and wired into a 4 ohm load

Post Number: 3
and i have the a jvc head unit kd-lh810 i think its the 1st model down from the top model jvc makes

Post Number: 4
and the amp does not turn back on it just says current across the screen i cant get ne more sound out of my speakers when it is hooked up all it does is say current...

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 778
hmm
4 ohms shouldn't even begin to stress that amp - even if your gain/bass boost etc is maxed.

I'd start by double checking your pwr/ground wires and make sure you've got a 4 ohm load wired, not 1.

Post Number: 5
im sure i have it at i 4 i checked everythign today thatsa why i asked this amp is only like 2 months old and its pissin me off lol.......i guess im gonna have to call alpine or sumthin and it says that its gettin to much current even without the speaker wire wired into the amp.......

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1844
its an amp problem, my 545 did the same thing, was fine back to the amp.brand new out the box and did that.

Post Number: 6
so wat should i do call alpine and see wat i should do or its just junk

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1848
did you get it from store with warranty, if not call alpine and see what they tell you.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7069
RMS Power (at 12V,20Hz-200Hz)
# Per channel into 2 ohms : 700W x 1
# Per channel into 4 ohms : 500W x 1

i'm thinking he's severly underpowering those subs & that may be the problem

try hooking up only 1 sub & see if it still happens

i too also own a 545 & no problems with it since i got it in january .......

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 29
Check your ground connection before you do anything else. That will fix things a lot of the time. If that doesn't work...call Alpine.

Post Number: 7
wat u mean check my ground liek make sure its on good metal ryt its in a o6 g6 and its ground to the side of my trunk the bare metal but would it make a deff if the ground was to long??????and i also hooked up another amp to the same wiring and it worked fine and that was a cheap amp
california profile 1000watt mono rms of like 450 ....

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 336
rovin underpowering subs just make your amp goes to protection ad he said that without subs the amp still did that, so or is a wiring problem or just that your amp has a defect

Post Number: 8
ye thats wat i thought the amp has a defect and i dont kno wat to look for if i was to take it apart.......So if neone could help me out with that that would be great like wat to look for inside lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us