What kind of Replacement amp????

Bronze Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 78
I have a 12in SX hooked up to a jbl 1200.1 amp, ive had the amp for a long time and i was thinking of getting a different one. I was looking at US Amps and Zapco and nicer amps like that, but what im wondering is......

If i buy a expensive amp like that what exactly are the benefits?....Is it gonna give me better SQ for my sub if i get a better amp?.....Or is it gonna just give me the same result that i have right now?....And what other kinds of amps are great for the SX, i really dont care about money just i want a great amp.

Ive seen a Sx hooked up to a US amps on realm of excursion and it seemed to me that the sub was very responsive with that amp.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1651
for a sub, honestly i doubt you'll tell any difference between a more expencive amp and the JBL.

also think sub responce has more to do with the box or charging system then the brand of amp.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 330
you just can give more power to the sub if that's what you're talking about but in SQ is not too much the difference

Bronze Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 81
Oh yeah what is Dampening Factor?

Does a Higher Dampening Factor make a better amp, i heard this somewhere....

Bronze Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 82
okay i found this

Damping Factor

The ability of an amplifier to control the movement of a speaker -- the higher the damping factor, the greater the accuracy. Damping factor is calculated by dividing the speaker impedance by the output impedance of the amplifier. An amplifier's damping factor will decrease as the speaker's impedance decreases -- that's why an amp running at 4 ohms will provide tighter bass than at 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 572
That was some useful information. I always wondered the same.

Bronze Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 88
bump for some more input

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 56
One thing I know about the JBL 1200.1 is it's lack of a sub-sonic filter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us