Output converter

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 75
i was looking at this output converter from Acdiocontrol (model # LC6)
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=31215&d_Id=17612&l1=176 12&l2=#
My question is: Is it possible to mount it in the trunk?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 243
sure, yer just gunna have to extend all yer factory speaker wires to the trunk with it. easiest spot would probably be yer glove compartment, if it will fit. no matter where you put it tho, yer gunna have to be doing some splicing and extending of yer factory audio wires.

however, unless you REALLY don't wanna give up the stock look of yer radio, i'd suggest just getting an aftermarket radio with 3 preouts! much easier, more functionality... yaddayaddayadda...

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 631
I think someone on here said that when you install one of those line output converters for the stock head units, you have to use the rear speaker wires or something like that. does this mean that you cant use your rear speakers??

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 110
the rason i wanna use LC6 is because i have 06 honda accord. the climate control is built into the radio. so it's not possible to change it.

Another Question:
When i take the wires from the head-unit and put them into LC6. will the speaker and some other wires still have to connected to the head unit . or will they be completely eliminated from the head unit?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 251
Matt: when using a hi-low converter for connecting a subamp, you sidestrip into the rear channel speakers. essentially the wire is "shared."

Joe: Ah, i see. Wire situation depends on what yer trying to achieve. i'm assumming that you'll be hooking up both a 4 channel amp, and a subamp. if this is the case, you can just cut all yer speaker wires. you'd then run the speaker wires from yer stereo into the converter, run RCAs from the converter to yer amps, and then run speaker wire from the 4 channel amp BACK to the other ends of the cut wires (that go out to yer speakers). ta da!

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 636
thanks infinity addict. ive seen you on these forums a lot but every one in a while, barely ever. you should stay around, you seem very knowledgeable and we need some more people like you around here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us