Need multiple opinons on quality of brands!!

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 21
what are everyones thoughts on these brands:

Pyramid, Crossfire, Boss Audio, X-File Audio, American Pro, Poweracoustik, Alphasonik, Lanzar, Phoenix Gold, Hifonics, Kicker, Treo

thanx for the help

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 157
the best ones are the pg and kicker. i have amps of both those brands and love them.

i've heard and seen hifonics, and they are great budget amps. if you can't afford the top of line amps, hifonics is a good choice, and i'll probably be buying some myself here soon.

the others, except for treo cause i don't know anybody with them, imo are not worth the $ and i'd never buy any of them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
alrite thanks alot thats wut i needed to hear, cuz alotta ppl are all like idk if theyr too good...but wen ppl say ther crap and not worth the money u kno for sure u dont want them...but wut about JL and Arc Audio? iv heard good things about them but wanted to hear if nebody had sum bad experience w/ em once or sumthin

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 158
jl amps are real good but also really expensive. ex. you can get a pg xenon 1200.1 that will put out more power then the jl 1000/1 for about the same price, and they both put out the same output from 1-4ohms. just depends on what you need and your budget.

never seen anyone round my way with a arc audio amp though, so can't help you there.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 322
lanzar optidrive line is nice, and some other models like heritage 2600d, vibe1800d/1200d.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
alrite thanx all, iv askd sum1 bout crossfire bfore and they said it was pretty good for class D amps(vr4000d puts out 4000rms x 1 @ 2ohm). so i was wonderin wut u guys thought. anyway another list of brands id like to get opinions on are:

Elemental Designs, Eclipse, DB Drive, MTX, Crystal, Ample Audio, Orion, RE.

thanx again

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 847
CTMike - PG Xenon's arent nearly as expensive as a JL 1000.1, also, JL 1000.1's, put are only stable 1.5 ohms to 4 ohms, not 1-4 like the Xenon.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 162
depends on where you live i guess seth.

here the pg xenon 1200 run anywhere from $1000-1200, where the jl is about $999-1199. all brand new prices. i've even seen a few stores raise the prices of the xenons since they discontinued them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok that is interesting but wut do ppl think of

Elemental Designs, Eclipse, DB Drive, MTX, Crystal, Ample Audio, Orion, RE.??????

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 450
I Like RE SUB i heard a RE MT or XXX dont realy know (the owner didnt know either, he doesnt Know no anything LOL) but i hva never in my life heard a subwoofer that loud clean and set off alarms, No joke i didnt think it was possible at all, dont have any experiance with it, yes i know u asked for the realiabilty aspect but like i said i dont know neva had but thats a mean speaker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
alritey thats an interesting story about subwoofers but this is the amplifier section..im plannin on getn treo subs rite now neway..

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 99
i've worked with MTX before. i've never had a problem with them before. sound good, and hit hard. good price to power ratio. orions are great amps. expensive though. alphasonik is over-rated in my opinion. i have heard a few kickers hit real hard. Pyramid and Boss Audio should never ever come out of a true audio enthusiasts mouth unless they are insulting someone else's system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
alrite thanx again. anyone hav experience with almani amps? or i hear stuf bout viper as a sub amp so i take it thats good. stil anything about crossfire class d's?? as well as the rest of the brand i had listed above

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 166
why don't you just say how much power you need, what your budget is, and the brands you are considering and someone will be able to help alot easier than trying to get reviews on every brand out. also are you buying in store, online, ebay and is refurbished an option?

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

PA USA

Is Power Acoustik a $hitty brand? My brother gave me his old Power Acoustik PWR 180 amp to use until I can afford my own, but no one's specifically said anything about Power Acoustik, so i was curious.

Username: Drivingreckless

Nuthingsville, Florida United state...

Post Number: 5
ive heard tht JL audio is a good brand and zapco but if i were to choose a brand from the top id say go for hifonics more affordable brand and heard it is moderate.....then again its only an opinion

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 650
ok heres my favorite good quality amps in no particualr order:
Elemental Designs
Orion
RE
Arc Audio
JL
Phoenix Gold
Kicker
USAmps
TRU
TREO makes good subs but i didnt know they made amps, i would assume they are good though.
i would also assume that eclispe makes good amps too, but i dont hear much about em so i dont know for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 888
crossfire amps are nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
alrite thanks again for everyones opinions especially johny and lucas

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 657
no prob.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 774
Eclipse
Crystal
Kicker
Crossfire
Orion
Phoenix Gold
MTX
Treo
RE
Elemental Designs
Lanzar (optidrive)
DB Drive
Hifonics
Ample Audio
Alphasonik
Lanzar (vibe/viberant/heritage)
(Profile)
Power acoustik
Pyramid
American Pro
Boss Audio
X-File Audio (who?)

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Kicker product is by far equal if not better than any MAJOR CO. But cust. support is Freakin awesome...asks as many dumb ???'s as you want to tech support, they're cool..Smoked L5, My fault , my fault, new sub 1 week, no ?'s ..People answer phones, not machines!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us