Need An Amp Recommendation

Bronze Member
Username: Schwic79

Post Number: 18
Alright I have two kicker 4ohm comp cvr12's 400 watts rms, and my current amp a rockford 851s died and i was looking for a new one and came acrossed the Rockford Fosgate Punch P8002 says 800 watts rms bridged at 4ohm its a little smaller than my old one but should be big enough to push these to their max. I was just wondering if i should go any other way and what u recommend. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 135
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14804

i have the same subs. but i dont have this amp.
im gonna be putting 6 CVR12's in my car pretty soon and im gonna be running 3 of these amps. from what ive herd you cant beat the price for the quality and the amount of power they put out so im gonna be using 3 of them with mine

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1775
if those aree single 4ohm subs, then no, if dual 4 then you have to run each sub up to 8ohm, then down to 4 for that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
they are dual 4's but everything i think is set up for 4ohm so i could just bridge that rockford amp and run it at 4ohm. When i first got the subs i wired them for a 4ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 136
wire them in parallel and it will bring them down to a 2 ohm load. thats what i did.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 288
if they're two dual 4 ohm subs then wire it to create 1 ohm load, i'll recommend you lanzar 1800d in that case. If you wire them at 2 ohm then you can buy Audiobahn a8002T or A8000T for a cheaper price than hifonics

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 663
I have those same subs travis, i have the dual 4 ohm subs and i am running them off of a 8002t. giving them 400 watts a peice. they sound very good and get loud. if you were looking for a good amp for the money to run those i would get the a8002t.

when you do this, wire the subs in paralle and vc in series and you get a 4 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 664
YOU ONLY WANT TO WIRE THEM TO A 4 OR 1 OHM LOAD. 4 ohm is a better on the amp in the long run because it is at a higher resistance.

juliob, if he did wire it to a 2 ohm load (which is not possible) with dual 4 ohm subs, only the a8000t would work because that wires down to .5, 2 and 8 ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
well if i do go with the a8002t how do i wire the subs, i think i cant remember how i wired them without takeing them out of the box, which ever way it was it was set up for my 851s rockford amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
also why is the audiobahn a8002t so much cheaper compared to the rockford p8002
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us