Trying to get 1ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Pavooked

Detroit, Mi United States

Post Number: 13
i have 2 SL512s dual 2ohm, wired each one in paralell to get 1 0hm. because they are wired in seprate boxes they are pulling .5 ohms and i thought the amp would'nt handle it but is the speakers, smell like their about to FRY. can anyone tell me how to wire them so both subs together are only pulling 1 ohm? have kx1200.1 or just upgrade to SL7s. and how many watts am i pulling from amp at .5 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2540
you cant wire two DVC 2ohm subs to get 1ohm...its as simple as that.

since you have them running at .5ohm right now, you are prolly clipping the h3ll out of that amp (turn the gain down!!!). that is why the subs smell. i have seen kx1200.1's run daily at .5ohm, but i would not recommend it...you take too much of a chance of blowing the amps and subs.

if you go to 2 L7's, get the DVC 4ohm versions. wire them parallel and it will give you 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1747
new subs.....dual 4 what ever sub you get

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
what is safe level to set the gain, bass and freq on amp? subs pond at .5ohms but dont want to fry them or amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so dual 4s are better than 2s?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2541
its really not safe to run that amp at .5 ohm anyways.

dvc 4ohm are not better than dvc 2ohms...it is just that different voice coil configurations allow you to wire for different DC resistances (ohm)...that way you can get subs and amps to match.

turn your gain all the way down and turn your HU's volume to 75%...set the bass boost on the amp to 0. Play music w/ bass or a test tone. While the music plays, slowly turn the gain up until you hear distortion in the subs...then turn it down just a hair.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks for the tips just called cartunes they said the guy should not have sold me those subs with that amp told me to bring them back and get dvc 4ohms he also said that he probably sold them to me because they had to clear end of month stock out paid $120 each for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us