What amp for this

Bronze Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 75
what amp would be good to power 4 12 inch compVR. 400rms 800max. or what 2 amps or what would be better one big amp or 2 smaller amps

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2532
what voice coil configuration do they have?
DVC 2ohm or DVC 4ohm?

one amp would be your best bet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
their 4ohm dual voice coil. only havce 2 right now but gettin 2 more.

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 63
how much are you looking to spend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
umm seriously i dont know. i know if you go with the best amps like JL then your gettin the best but whats the best bang for your buck.

1000 bux for either one or 2 amps whatever yall think would work better

Username: Rexxx1

Hartford, CT US

Post Number: 2
Orion-8002
get two of those hook it up to a parralell connection to make it 2ohms and set it up to the 2ohm on the amp.<<<(oviously)---sometimes i right stupid things.LOL

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=433

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
cheaper if i can but someware around their

Hartford, CT US

Post Number: 3
here is one pic of kickers be used on on 2 subs

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-12-L5-KICKER-SUBS-ALSO-A-ORION-8002-1600-WATT-AMP_W0QQitem Z9700837008QQcategoryZ39777QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AND HERE IS A CHEAP PRICE OFF EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORION-8002-2-CHANNEL-AMP-CAR-AMPLIFIER-1600W-NEW_W0QQitemZ97 01933787QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GET TWO OF THOSE COST ABOUT $400 THATS THE PRICE OF ONE ON WOOFERS ETC WELL CLOSE ENOUGH!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
is that amp 800 watts RMS or max.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 261
2 hifonics bd 1205 wire them at 1 ohm the pair

remember about electrical upgrade

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
if its 400 rms then i would need 4 of them right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i would need 4 of the orion amps right? if their 400 rms

Hartford, CT US

Post Number: 4
your subs are 400rms right, your getting 4 subs, for 2 of them they go to the one amp and the other two to the other amp. there 2 channel so 2 subwoofers in one amp. and it is 400rms to each channel and you have 400rms subs. dishes equal power to each sub.

i wrote 2 much hope u understand it.. lol
o yay and hifonics are okay too.

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 64
power acoustik 1400w x 1 at 2ohm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Class-D-Digital-Amp-2400-Watts-2400DB_W0QQitemZ9700707241QQc ategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
ok so the amps are rated at 400 rms to each channel. thats what i was wondering. so aproximatelly their 1600 watts max with 2 channels?

how much better is this amp than the SPL XL2 1600 watt 2 channel.

im running 2 compVR's with this amp and their pretty damn loud and clean

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 65
decent kole audio amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kole-2400-Watt-mono-ch-class-D-amp_W0QQitemZ5722718874QQcate goryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 66
Why don't you run all four subs to one amp?? that would be either a .5 or 2 ohm load, and 2ohm is a good load; then just get an amp that can do 1600w rms at 2ohm.

Hartford, CT US

Post Number: 5
if you hooked that up (spl xl2) ur losing that 30 more power to the 2ohm, but to the 4ohm ur losing 90 ^(thats being match up to the orion amp)^

if you want it at its best,, match the rms try not to go over. theyll get louder by a little bit.lol little bit.lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
so the orion wouldent put out all that much more power? cuz the rms on the amp is 800watts. 400x2rms. so how much more would i gain with the orion amp

Hartford, CT US

Post Number: 7
"so the orion wouldent put out all that much more power?"

did you mean SPL ur confusing me.well anyways

its 370rms with the SPL amp so do the math, orion has 400 so 370-400= 30 ur losing that 30wt power. i mean the spl amp is still good u could use and still get what you want but if you want a little bit more power means a little bit more db than get the orion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
the SPL amp is 400 rms and SPL is the company. and its a 2 ohm stable. but i know the rating on amps arnt accurate or else everyone would have a pyrimed amp that says 2000 watts on it for 50 bux

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
so im wondering which amp is more accurate on their power. im sure a JL watt is more than a SPL watt know what i meen

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
DON'T LISTEN TO THESE NEWBIES "POWER ACOUSTIK" "KOLE AUDIO" PLEASE LEARN THEN GIVE SOME ADVICE OK? YOU CAN WIRE 2 SUBS TO CREATE 1 OHM LOAD IN THAT CASE 2 4OHM DVC, WIRE 2 SUBS TO 1 HIFONICS AMP AS I STATED BEFORE AND 2 MORE SUBS TO ANOTHER HIFONICS AMP OF THE SAME MODEL. REMEMBER TO MAKE AN ELECTRICAL UPGRADE CUZ YOUR CAR IS GOING TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THAT AMOUNT OF POWER.

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 69
Juliob, there is no need for him 2 get 2 amps. Like I said earlier just get one amp, and wire to a 2ohm load. I suggested the kole audio and power acoustik because they are decent budget amps, not because they are "the best". Matt smith: go with one amp than can do 1600w rms at 2 ohm, simplest and most cost efective way to do your system. and juliob, stop typing in ALL CAPS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
well, you're recommend him to get a crappy system. so you figure it out. That will work well with two amps and will get louder,but he's the one that is buying so...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
im thinkin ill just buy another one of my SPL amps or sell the one i have now and get that orion 8002 or 8004. whatever the 2 channel one was i dont remember.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
would the hifonics XX-colossus be a good amp for this system? then i would only need one amp? or would it be better to go with 2 amps. whats better?

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 70
I recommended him a few budget amps, not necessarily crappy amps. And sure it is entirely possible to do the system with 2 amps, but that is more work on the install and more wires and fuses and other stuff to pay for. also, I don't see how you could say it would be louder with 2 amps. Maybe it would be louder with two of the amps you suggested vs. one of the budget amps i suggested....but that doesn't mean he couldn't get a nice non-budget 1600w rms at 2ohm amp,which is what I think would be the best choice for him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us