Second battery?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 69
i was told that if i just upgraded the big 3 wires and threw a second battery in the trunk that
i would be cool with the stock alt, is that true,
and the guy that told me runs a 3000watt amp on his stock alt and says he barely gets any dimming
and im only running about 1500watt amp, and if i can do this how does the battery come in, do i wre the amp to both batteries?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1459
where does the additional battery get its power from?? the alternator. so your adding more stuff for it to have to charge. sure it may seem ok for a while, but it'll all eventually fail.

there is no replacement for a HO Alternator!

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 72
aight so if i just got a 200amp alternator would i have to upgrade the big 3 wires cuz 1/0 gauge wire ain t cheap, im thinkin, so if i get an HO alt a sub and an amp im done right no more to it, but maybe get some nice 4 gauge to wire the amp n subs rught?

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 95
it'll work, but if your already spending the extra money on the ho alt. why not upgrade it all?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1461
4 awg will work for the big 3, most people use 1/0 because you can't ever over do wireing, lol. have you looked online for the wire?? ebay and knukonceptz.com has good prices. way better then compared to local stores!

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 73
yea good point, is there any alternatives to excessive ampergae, just to get the best price?

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 97
www.stingerelectronics.com

www.ohiogen.com

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1466
ohio gen won't sell directly to you, only to a business.

i got mine from Iraggi Alts on ebay, seller name is TrafficJamz i think. but they are a little higher then Excessive Amperage. all depends on your car i guess though.

powermaster, meangreen and mralternator. they only do domestic, not sure on web addresses.

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 76
well i asked for a price from excessive amperage a couple days ago n they havent got back to me so still waiting on a price and will prolly go with them anyways, and anyone have alt install exp, it easy? u just yank the stock one out and put the new one it place??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us