AudioBahn

Username: Blingg23

Post Number: 3
2 Audiobahn AW121T's and a A2150HCT... a good combo? or do i need some more watts?

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 69
you need new subs and amp, dont go near audiobahn

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 35
if you have the money then sure why not buy audio bahn.. but if u have a tight budget get something else.. the only way i get audio bahn is if i know someone that works there and get em for cheap

Post Number: 4
but are they good... i just want somthing that looks good, some chrome, and is reliable..
i was also thinking some (2)sony XSL121P5'S
and a amp that matches like PYLE :X

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
no audiobahn is NOT good. wow, "i just want somthing that looks good, some chrome"...thats why they're chrome!!!! people will say, "hey they look nice" then spend the money and buy them. they require too much power, so you have to spend a lot more than a usual sub, just so they can sound like crap. they sound terrible and they dont hold up.

Sony is even worse.

pyle is somethin you would buy at a neighborhood yard sale from someone who bought it from a flea market.

12" Kicker Comp VR's can be picked up for $150 shipped on ebay, or about $200 or a little more at the right online store. a nice kicker kx800.1 would compliment them nicely. but thats a little expensive so an mtx 801D wouldnt be bad either.

some amp companies to look at:

JL (more expensive though)
Kicker
JBL
MTX

Post Number: 5
thanks kevin !

Post Number: 6
how about PowerAcustik? subs and amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 37
www.caraudio.com check out the stuff on there.. and look around

Post Number: 7
is the kicker CVR the same as the VR?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
power acoustik is also a no no!

theres a kicker comp, and theres a kicker comp vr... the comp vr is the step up from the comp

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 30
Stay away from Audiobahn. It sucks. Thats there selling point for looks and nothing else. Stay away stay away!

esuji
Unregistered guest
I don't even really like the looks, but I bought an Audiobahn amp anyhow. It had the highest power rating (wattRMS/$), and the lowest distortion (THD%) out of all the main brands on the market?? Is there something I am missing??

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 516
it could be clipped power - if it says it puts out 1000w rms and has a 40 amp fuse, you will only get about 400 clean watts of power (with a class D amp) and about 250 watts clean with A/B amp - the rest of the 'power' is really just higher DC voltage levels and that can completely ruin your sub

btw, RMS and THD are only 2 of many many things you look at..

look at brand, fuses, THD, RMS power at different loads, etc...

Unregistered guest
i have 2 audiobahn 12s rated @ 550 rms with an audiobahn 8000t mono amp. they hit pretty hard, but are not sq subs. i am happy with them but am upgrading to 2 kicker sx 12s, with four kicker kx1250.1 amps. now that i have the money to get this system, so much for hawaii lol. but for the low buck audiobahn is pretty good, nothing bad to say about them from me.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2599
a lot of specs like THD are measured in different ways, and are misleading specs to go by.
Honestly anything with a THD less than 10% is going to sound the same in a car anyway, as far as the distortion itself is concerned.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer DEH-P6500 head unit and Pioneer TS-A6980R 6x9s. I also just bought a pair of 10 inch Audiobahn AW102T subs despite bad reviews. I have heard a few audionahn systems and they sound pretty good so i found a good price on these subs and bought them.

Any suggestions on box type and an amp for these subs would be appreciated. They are rated at 450 watss RMS.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Also has anybody heard volfenhag or fusion subs, if so what can you tell me about them, good or bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Jchevy91

Post Number: 17
not so good in my opinion

Biggie
Unregistered guest
I have recently bought 2 vibe space 12" subs that are both 600 watts rms each and together 1200 watts rms. Could any one suggest what amp I should consider using with these subs. Also what power rating amps I should be looking at. Price isn't a factor

Unregistered guest
Yes i have three poweracoustik mofo 12 inch subs rated at 2400 a peice and they are dual 2 ohm and i have a poweracoustik 3000 mono block classD amp and i was wondering should i get a 4th sub or not.

Anonymous

instead of gettin a 4th, i'd go out and get 4 new subs and a new amp. something with much better quality. power acoustik is garbage.

Username: Bwhodidit

Post Number: 9
so what do yall think about the a5000spl i think its not worth 1/2 the price but it could definately do some damage

Anonymous

i don't know what the deal is but i'll put audiobahn upagainst any of your systems i know lots of people with audiobahn and none of them complain

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 14
^ exactly

ive had my audiobahn subs and box for over 6 months now..

never had any trouble..

Anonymous

I've seen Audiobahn put up against other systems, and saw their faces after they've been disgraced. Also, a couple of guys from my town kept blowing subs after a while, their stuff is overrated. They'll do if you're on a TIGHT budget, but they can't hold their weight in gold against respectable companies (i.e. JL Audio, Adire Audio, ID, Elemental Designs, etc.)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2839
I'll take your challenge.
bring your system.

http://www.wickedcases.com/celica/system.jpg

Anonymous

Glasswolf, I hope he does take the challenge, then you and he can come post on this and explain just how much Audiobahn sucks. EXTREMELY nice setup, I might add.

Anonymous

hey wuts up... i just baught 2 jl 10w3 10 inch subs i need an amp that will push these 2 10s hard. but also makes them hit nice and clear.. anyone have suggestions? i found an audiobahn amp A8002t 800 watts 400 rms each sub for 159.99 on ebay brand new.. good deal? what do u suggest?
thx
zach

Anonymous

sounds like a real good deal should push them pretty good

Username: Zacrizzle

Post Number: 1
ya it sounds like a good deal but i still dont know.. its a 2 channel amplifier so what would i do run 1 channel at 400 rms to one 10 inch jl and use the other channel to runa the other 400 rms to the other 10 inch jl?what are some other good amps out there besides mtx

Anonymous

audiobahn makes a mono amp the 1300hct which is pretty good ebay has it for around 350- 400 and it pushes 1200 watts rockford makes a good amp too if you don't want to spend a whole lot of money

Username: Skullreload

Doddsville, Ms

well i have a question I just let a freind talk me into buying a amp made by audiobahn Im trying to find a good set of subs to put on it what would yall suggest? the amp is a A2150HCT audiobahn

Anonymous

it depends on what you want to spend there are lots of good subs out there just stay away from walmart when your buying them that amp will push just about any pair of subs you want to put on it

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 2
well in between the last few mins a freind stoped by and we hooked it to his subs he had 2 10 audiobahn aw1051t in his truck in a downfire box and we hooked it up and his speakers claimed to be 300 wats RMS and it blew one of them up and it didn`t realy hit like i thought it would . we hooked it up just like the audiobahn instructions that came with the amp

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 3
we wired it for @2 ohm`s .som it would push 300 RMS WATTS X 2. What do you think

Anonymous

it's one ohm stable so you ca bridge it and drop it down to get 1200 watts i've got the same subs 3 and i havent had any trouble i've got about 1200 watts hooked to them . the only thing i can think of is if the box had too much air space my speakers are in a box that is 0.5 cubes just enough space for the speaker. to much air space can cause the subs to beat themselves wich could cause them to blow or you might want to check your x- over hz it should be set between 80-100 hz how long did it take to blow them

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 4
well it took about to mins for them to blow we took the screws out of the speaker that held the speaker in the box and smoke just bolied out of the box.

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 5
so if i bridge this amp it will drop to 1200 watts 2 ohm or will it be 1200 watts @ 1ohm
will 300 rms watts 2 ohms woofers hold that much watts cause it think the speaker that blow. it melted the coil and made the speaker stick cause the cone and everything is intact

Anonymous

1200 watts at 1 ohm but you have to wire your speakers to mak the amp drop down that low but if you were going with those tens you don't have to bridge itjust make sure you have a good box use the instructions that came with the speakers not the amp cause the amp is very underrated it pushes more power then it says

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 6
thats very helpful ther is still alot of space just like you said behind the speaker like you. my box is air tight. Some of my freinds have took cotton and like foam and packed their box would help.

Anonymous

yes stuffing your box will help but its better if you just have a smaller box either way you will tell a differnce i would try a half a bag of poly fill and go from there if it sounds like it could use more add it

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 7
when you wired your subs up how did you wire them down cause my freind doesn`t have his manual anymore i know you said you had three of the same woofers as my freind how would you wire up duals . for this amp if it was yours

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 32
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

jussme
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking about buying a pair of Audiobahn A121t or A122t subs with an Audiobahn 8002t amp. The prices seem reasonable, but how will it sound? The system will go into a 99' Yukon. I don't know much about electronics, but I know I want good, loud, hard hittin bass. Someone help me out

BenniMac
Unregistered guest
Has anyone in the states ever heard of Ultimate? Is this Brand Name any good?

Anonymous

positive to one side neg to other then run a jump wire from the pos you didn't use to the neg you did'nt use it's parallel wiring

Anonymous

jussme it should be a good system but you might want alittle more power then the 8002t might have just in case of upgrade but it should do well on those 12's any of the 12's will be okay they have the same power rating it's just preference

Anonymous

ultimate is ok if someone gives it to you but if your gonna spend money you can get better for just a little more but if your not worried about being the loudest i guess it's fine

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 8
hey man its me again i hooked everything up just like you said to 2 of the same speakers and wired the speakers to 2 ohm operation i put some poly stuffing and tryed them and the just aren`t hitting . i took out the stuffing and it sounded better without the poly. do I need better speakers . or do i need to get a different amp and also if my amp is a A2159hctaudiobahn amp which it is. shouldn`t it hit harder than 300 watt 2ohm mono amp . even if my amp is 1200 watts stereo and i bridge it down to mono 2ohm it should be beating it asz off. and i mean beating three times as hard as a 300 watt 2 ohm

Doddsville, Ms

Post Number: 9
im sorry my am is a A2150hct

Username: Zacrizzle

man christopher sounds like u got some problems in ur system.. i would go to a sterio place and talk to them and even have them hook it up so if u blow speakers then u get them replaced...i would suggest jl audio w3 dvc subs, thats what i just baught and tghey are amazing. im running both of them with an audiobahn8002t amp which is an 800 watt amp and have it wired at 350 rms each sub and they hit TO hard...

Anonymous

there must be something wrong with one of the if you know someone who has some different speakers to test you amp on that way you'll know if it's your amp or the speakers also just try hooking your speakers up just the normal way pos,neg on one side and see what that does

smokeit
Unregistered guest
hey i have a directed 1100d mono amp and a band pass. it has alot of room and im not to sure about putting different speaker in that box. i was leanig towards 2 solobaric l712 but im not sure what i should get. any body have suggests.

new system
Unregistered guest
I got a good deal on Audiobahn 121t subs, I prefer to use an MTX amp. How many watts do I need

Unregistered guest
Everybody will have their choice of brands but I have had 2 complete Audiobahn systems now and I love them. The one I have in my car now is 1 AWT15Q, 1 A18001DT amp with the gain turned 1/4 of the way up (this amp had a lot of power), 1 Audiobahn 5 farid capacitor. Also I have the bass on my head unit turned all the way down. Three weeks ago I went to a SPL comp. and hit 144.9db. This amp could easily power another 1 or 2 of these subs. That is my next step if I decide to lose my back seat and build a wall. I have never had any problems with any of my Audiobahn products.

Anonymous

you could have any were between 500-1200 watt amp it's better to have a little more power than not enough

jack rabbit
Unregistered guest
you fellas dont know jack!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 34
Gain isn't a volume knob, Brandon. It sets the amp's sensitivity to the head unit's preamp output. It has nothing to do w/ the amp's power.

Anonymous

ive got one thing to say. if you have the money, then jl is the sh*t. best quality ever.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 76
Brandon....i have a question for you...

what kind of systems did you compete against???

sony, dhd, volfenhag, and other audiobahn???
lol

put your system up against a quality one and then you will see the difference....not just something like an L715 in some guys tahoe, but a system that is well installed!

good installs make a huge difference!

...all i have to say is that all of us that "hate" audiobahn on this board have heard more than just simple everyday systems...(everyday stuff like a pair of compvr 12's) we have worked with may different brands and just find that audiobahn is little more CROME!!!

if you like audiobahn ...thats ok, but for the same price or cheaper you could build a system that would have more SPL and a lot better SQ.

i just find that audiobahn is a waste of time and money.....if your buyint, buy something that will last and sound good!

Anonymous

i do custom installs and i can tell you audiobahn is as good as any other stuff out there it jus depends which type of brand you get everyone has there cheap stuff and then they have their high end stuff so unless your buying from walmart or a flea market you can have a damn good system no matter what you got even with audiobahn. by the way i installed 3 10 inch audiobahn alum. in a blazerand it blew away another install i did that had 4 alpine subs

whatever
Unregistered guest
whatever. ANy audiobahn I have seen just plain sucked.

RLR
Unregistered guest
Hey guys are you forgetting that the subs and the amps are not the only thing into a system. My cousin is a professional car audio expert and he built me a box and hooked up all the equipment. My old system just had plain old house speaker wires connected to it. when he hooked it up he put the coorect gauge wire and made the box really cool to get that deap thumping you like. So before we go judging other people systems just rember the wiring the box and power and alot more stuff goes into a good system than just a name.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3363
RLR, any chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. In this case, the original post, which is what this thread is about, is in regards to audiobahn subs and an amp, neither of which is a very good product. I don't care how good the install of the stuff is.
I'm happy your brother was able to properly install whatever you have. I'm sorry it was such a ghetto install to begin with that he had to fix the "old house speaker wire" job in the first place.

Yeah the install is a vital part of any system, as is the design, but the equipment you choose is just as vital, too.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3364
RLR, any chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. In this case, the original post, which is what this thread is about, is in regards to audiobahn subs and an amp, neither of which is a very good product. I don't care how good the install of the stuff is.
I'm happy your brother was able to properly install whatever you have. I'm sorry it was such a ghetto install to begin with that he had to fix the "old house speaker wire" job in the first place.

Yeah the install is a vital part of any system, as is the design, but the equipment you choose is just as vital, too.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3365
RLR, any chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. In this case, the original post which is what this thread is about, is in regards to audiobahn subs and an amp, neither of which is a very good product. I don't care how good the install of the stuff is.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 24
i agree some of audiobahn is cheap and crappy and some is some of jl,kicker, and rf.

i have a audiobahn 1206t, which i brought to find to see for myself how it will sound and it is GREAT!!

my jl 12w7> jl/1000s hits harder
but my 1206t bass roll sweet.

miami boy style

Unregistered guest
Help!!! I've been spending hours of research and nobody will help me. I bought an Audiobahn A800T2 amp 800watt 2 channel, I own a 1993 300 ZX. I like to listen to high pitched hard hitting club style break beat techno. What size subs would be fine and tech specs, (I don't need to break windows) and what type of enclosure (plexiglass, closed, or ports) I could use the help and so far this forum is the best one that I have found so far by reading.

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 79
i would get 2 10in jl w6v2's they would hit nice and tight for that type of music

Unregistered guest
There's a good deal for those on ebay, but what is a good enclosure for that type of music and woofer. I don't like the design of the JL enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
you can put them in any enclouse you want. since you have a z car your best bet is a small sealed enclouse to minimize box space. sealed will give you tight clean bass. ported will be loud boomy bass. i would go with tight clean bass. like other people also said jl's arent cheap speakers so if you find some that are really cheap they probably have defects.

wellsg2001
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help. It makes sense now that someone has explained it somewhat. One last question, should I look for something with sealed plexiglass or just a seeled box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
all depends on the look you want. if you want to be able to see inside the box get a plexiglass front, if not, then dont

need advice
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of buying an audiobahn 8002t amp and an audiobahn abp 12t boxed subwoofers (two 12")Somebody tell me if this a good setup and if not what amp would go good with the subs.

Username: Carlo

Dublin, Dublin Ireland

Alpine,rockfordfosgate,kicker are the Best especially Alpine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i agree with carlo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
nothing less than aw1206t from audiobahn

Unregistered guest
audiobahn has nothing to offer but looks!!! I had audiobahn system for a while and it was crap!! I now went to alpine. I have got the alpine iva-9000, type r components 6.5", type r 6x9's, then 2 10" type r and 2 12" type r's with 4 500x1 alpine v12 amps. much better than my stupid audiobahn system.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 40
i see we still have these audiobahn haters

its ok lil fellas

hate hate hate all you want

you obviously know nothing

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 489
Yeah James, we don't know a damn thing. That's why we've offered you tons upon tons of subjective data proving why Audiobahn is crap compared to all the hype it gets. I mean, it's better than Sony, but you guys try to push it WAY above it's league, my shop used to carry them, TRUST me, it's not even close to the league of JL, Adire Audio, Kicker, Dynaudio, Diamond Audio, etc. If you ever upgrade or get some money I'll recommend a system for you, then after you install it you can post all over this forum and tell people how much better it sounds than Audiobahn.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 41
you havnt put nothing on the table other than your opinion

you make it sound like every audiobahn product will blow out in a week

i dont think so

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3417
Christ, James. What color is the sky in your world?

He gave hard figures on return rates and cause of return, as well as myself giving specifics to the poor (read cheap) choices in components in their amplifier and speaker construction and design.
What more do you want?

Your arguments are completely irrational and lack any credibility. Are you even aware of what it takes to reach MECP master status?

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 42
alot of sucking up

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3424
wow. just... wow.
Einstein was right.. there really are only two limitless things.
Space, and your stupidity.. and the former, I'm still not sure about.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 44
and your ignorance

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 499
Yep. Those percentages, details on what happened with the products, all opinions that I just put on the table, not facts by any means. Man, I'm so ignorant. Boy, James, you sure are smart, I'm glad you were smart enough to pick that up. I mean, what do I know about Car Audio? I just own a shop that made the mistake of carrying Audiobahn for a couple months, it's no match for the expertise you've gotten from listening to them in your car. Why get MECP status, I can just value your expert opinion and just buy all Audioblah from now on. Tell me, just how many different systems have you had? I mean, can you give us a comparison, like what your Audiobahns sound better than, or why they're so good? I think you're just pissed because we rag on your stuff so much. If you're happy with it, be happy with it, but keep in mind you're one of the very few fortunate people who has an Audiobahn sub and Boss amp that actually lasted, we recommend against them because most people aren't so fortunate. Also, it plain out sounds like sh*t.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 46
you had a good post untill you discredited it

"Also, it plain out sounds like sh*t."

pimpjames
Unregistered guest
i have 4 15 inch audiobahn subs any sugestion on the amp

pimpjames
Unregistered guest
i have 4 15 inch audiobahn subs any sugestion on the amp

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 47
get better windows in your car if you have four audiobahn 15s

then talk about amps

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3427
you won't come anywhere close to needing to replace windows with four fifteens.
James is delusional.

James, I'm not the ignorant one. Keep in mind, I'm the one with an electrical engineering degree, and one of less than 100 people on earth with an MECP Gold level certification.
You on the other hand, have no credentials of which I'm aware.

That said, this thread is over as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous

extra!extra! read all about it! james hit 180db with his 4 15 inch audiobahn's, wow terrifficset up!go audiobahn,ONE WEEK LATER........um my audiobahns no longer work they blew out but now i can use them as wheels on my gocart becuse the woofer baskets are chrome, cool! next episode watch james shatter 200 db with 55 sony xplode's and 55 rookwood amps and a roadmaster hu.alma gates eat your heart out here comes james! lolololololololo! man get the phuck outta here with audiobahn, my pyles will crush you!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahahaha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
i have to agree with jon and glass, some of audiobahn is crappy for some reason....

im going on week 3 with my audiobhan aw1206t. it has held its gound against subs $250 and down.

my sub was power by a 350w amp, until yesterday. i place a 800w rms 8002t to the sub, now it is really hitting.

im moving on to elipise 12 titanium sub, now those subs hit like no other, but that cost $450

$225 more then my 1206t sub

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3492
actually retail on a 12" titanium is $650. More for the Pro series.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
im talking about on ebay

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3536
I just didn't want people getting mad if they try to find one that cheap. Not a bad deal though.
I was just noting MSRP so folks would know what it was.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
cool i got you

any good subs for under $400 for 2-12?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3546
adire.
shivas are $125ea. Brahmas are a bit more.
great for SQ, very good for SPL
shivas take about 300-400 watts each ideally. brahmas take about 600 watts each ideally.
both can accept more but that's all they need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
im straight, jon just save me. i can get the 2-12 elipise ti at $400 ea, that is better than $650ea>lol

kenny meekins
Unregistered guest
Look, I have 2 Audiobahn 120t subs, in a sealed box in back of a neon r/t. I have a friend who has another neon the same as mine with identical systems, head decks, ( sony 52x4 cd players), both of us have 2 mono 900 rms(at 2 ohm), class d amps (same brand), two rockford 1 farad caps, both have 16ft of 4 gauge power, and have our grounds run the same. The only dif is the subs we have in our boxes. I have the audiobahns, he has 2 jl audio. not sure which ones W?. But mine hit quite a bit harder. To find out how much we had them metered. His hit 140.2db, and mine hit 145.7db, on our best runs. But the one thing we noticed was the dif in SQ. His sounds a quite a bit better than mine does. Nice clear sound. but my subs are made for spl, not SQ. So say what you want about audiobahn, The stats don't lie they must be pretty good to out pound jl, as we all know jl makes some of the best stuff on the market.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3710
actually if he has W0 subs, they're only $120 each, and have extremely low excursion.
They aren't at all designed for SPL.
SPL alone is meaningless in my opinion. If all I want is loud, I can just sit in the car and scream for a few minutes.
I thank you for proving a point we've been making though. When audiobahn subs get loud, they sound like p00p.

hey I just heard the Neon is the least stolen car in America right now. You should feel lucky! You could park it with the keys in it and probably never get it stolen.. haha Be glad it's not a 90's Camry. those ranked first place for theft.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
aw120t > $129

and is ok for spl

aw1206t is better

a natural sound sub

elipise ti......

Anonymous

i just bought a diamond audio 12 tdx i was thinking of getting another can anyone give me a few amp choices.be specific

Anonymous

i just bought a diamond audio 12 tdx i was thinking of getting another can anyone give me a few amp choices.be specific

Username: Kings8723

I just bought a 12" Audiobahn Alum12Q sub rated at 1000watts rms and 2000 watts peak power. Could this be the actual rating of the sub or were all the websites lying to me? Also can someone recomend a amp i could use for this 1 12" sub?

Username: Kings8723

Hey Glass????
You seem to know what you're talkin about. Could u help me out with my last message?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4133
this thread is already far too long.
better if ya start a new post and I'll help. I rarely even look at this one now.

Anonymous

to all you haters i had had JL/rockford/alpine/kenwood/kicker and my audiobahn gear sounds great im talking exp here JL audio isnt that great i blew 2 12s in 1 week.

big pimpin
Unregistered guest
Audiobahn Amps are great. Their subs are questionable.

a.j.
Unregistered guest
so audiobahn is not a good thing to buy? I have a little system... some low-end infinity 12s(1230watt, yeah right) and had a crappy sony 760 watt garbage amp that blew up...and i want to buy a decent some-what powerful amp for around $230 (i'm not made of money) if not that inexpensive audiobahn...what would be the best thing i could get for the $?

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 21
You could go with the MTX 421D for $209
http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_36&products_id=648

Or
A Kicker KX400.1 (400wX1 @ 2ohm) for $219 shipping included
http://www.discountave.net/kxki1chcaram.html

Or
PHOENIX GOLD OCTANE-R (500w x1 @ 2ohm) for $235.95
http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/octane-ramps.html

Any of these could work for you. Don't know much about your previous amp, but these are all mono sub amps. so you need to make sure your set up is wired like the top picture in the link below.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=SVC4
The left side of the picture being the positive and negative leads of the amp.

There are just some I came up with in your price range. Good luck.

FNG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us