Amp Options For Comps & Coax, I have some thoughts, Help me out please

Username: Crunch87

PA

Post Number: 1
First I'd like to say hello to everybody since this will be my first post. I have been reading these forums for a long time and learned alot. I recently purchased a set of Diamond Hex s600s comps for up front and Diamond D661i coaxials for rear fill in my 2000 durango. Here is the issue. I need to pick out an amp, or two, here are my thoughts, I just need some input. Please tell me which idea of mine is best and throw in any thoughts of your own. I'm trying to keep the total for 1 or 2 amps below $600-700. I just don't want to underpower it with one amp. Let me know if I'm crazy, If one amp will do, I'll do it. And yes, there will be a sub, probably a 10w7 or idmax and a seperate amp.

Option one -
Diamond D5600.2(150x2 at 4ohms)for comps, and Diamond D3400.2 (100x2 at 4 ohms) for coaxes

Option two -
Diamond D6600.4 or D5600.4 for the whole package running at 75x4 at 4 ohms

Option three -
Arc Audio 4140xxk for the whole package running at 80x4 at 4 ohms

Option four -
JL Audio 450/4 running 150x2 to the comps and 75x2 to the rear

Option five -
Arc Audio Kar600.4 running 100x4 at 4ohms, but for some reason, my least favorite option, prove me wrong

Like I said my I have no set plans yet, so any other ideas are welcome, just try to stay under my budget. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6770
imo - i would buy a 4 amp that is powerful enough 2 power the higher wrms pair & u use ur HU 2 fade off some of the power off the weaker pair .
U can also skip rear fill altogether & get a really good pair of 6.5" comps up front & just buy a quality 2 chan amp .

btw - i hope that ur Hu has 3 sets of preout rcas which would make install easier 2 do & sound alot better .

& yes do get a decent separate mono amp 4 ur subs ......

Username: Crunch87

PA

Post Number: 2
I'm actually running the system without a hu, it will all be ran off a computer with a touchscreen, it will have a 5.1 sound card, so i can have 6 seperate outputs.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1723
whatever you run , add a audiocontrol three.1 eq, youll notice all the difference in the world and amps are turned way down. i use it on the 450/4 and my gains are all the way down and it is loud as can be on the JL xr speakers...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us