150 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS
250 W x 2 @ 1 Ohms RMS
300 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS
500 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms Bridged RMS
500 Watts total power

2 Rockford Fosgate P212S4 12" Subwoofers SVC
400 Watts Maximum Power Handling / 200 Watts RMS
- 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Operation with Parabolic Polypropylene Cone

If this amp will work. How should I run it? 500x1 @ 2ohms bridged? Thanks! I will get this right dang it!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 20
Yeah...if u connect those two woofers in parallel and bridge them u get 250 watt rmms for each sub. So u give 50 watt more power to each sub which might not be a problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 45
wire the subs parallel and bridge the amp?? Im not worried about the extra 50 watts. I was told these speakers can take alot more than 400 so 250 shouldn't hurt it. will i be running 2 ohms? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 460
yes http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4
ur gunna be wiring them like option #1 and aslong as ur running them with that T5002 you will be fine...hope your system turns out well...post some pics when ur done ur install...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
you have two channels for output in ur amp. ie. 4 speaker terminals ...positive negative positive negative. so connect positive terminal of ur 1st woofer to the first positive terminal of ur speaker terminal on ur amp. connect negative terminal of ur woofer to the the 4th terminal (negative). Do the same for ur 2nd woofer overlapping the 1st woofer connections. So basically the center two speaker terminals on the amp will have no connections. I dont know if iam clear enough.. do let me know if u didnt understand.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 46
So I'm only briding the amp and not running them parallel? M G, I do understand how to bridge an amp but thanks for explaining. The way your explaining is just bridging the amp. The way the diagram shows, the speakers are run parallel AND the amp is bridged. Do I really need to run them parallel? Thank you guys for the help. I'm on the right track now..Finally!
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Yes ...u need to connect two woofers in parallel as shown in the picture and then bridge the ends. so u will give 2 ohm load to the amp. so when ur amp is bridged at 2 ohms it gives out 500 wrms which divided into two woofers.

Username: Rjparker1

Post Number: 6
Yeah, and burn up the amp in the process..

Wire the speakers in SERIES, NOT PARALLEL. Everyone thinks you will cut the power in half, that's bullshit. I have mine (same subs/same amp) its great! I have to actually turn DOWN the bass, because it rattles the hell out of my dash.. stuff keeps falling out.

Trust me, SERIES will do you fine. Don't do PARALLEL, unless you want to watch your lights dim all night, stand a chance of burning up your amp, .. Just don't do it.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 48
You have the same subs and amp as i and you have them in series? can't i just bridge the amp and run the speakers normal and still be at a 2 ohm load?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us