Which amp? JL or Orion

Bronze Member
Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 19
Hi guyz.
please help me choosing a 4-channel amp. my budget is around $250 with S/H. My two options are orion 8004 and JL AUDIO e4300. Which one do u think will be more powerful and has good sound quality. I will be powering front component speakers and two subwoofers. components are cdt cl61a and woofers are two 8 ohm kicker comp (125 wrms each) I know orion will overpower the woofers but has high output for front speakers. I need good SQL and also sufficient power. Please help me choosing the right one. Or is there any other better amp for this price
Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1713
use orion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
thanx for ur reply...i want to hear opinions of some more people...

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 87
i like the jl a little better, but for that budget the orion is a better deal.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 31
I've owned the e4300 and it was a really nice quality amp. it did all I needed and provided good sound quality. Though for what you need you should stick with the Orion. But personally with 2 subs I'd go with a separate amp. Though like I said you'll be just fine with that Orion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanx for ur replies. I have ordered the orion 8400 on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 109
aahhh, I have a brand new JL e4300 NIB! I am willing to sell a few dollars cheaper than the eBay price. So hard to beat the $224 shipped... but I'll sell it for $220!! Too bad you already bought the Orion. I wonder if it is actually bench tested stronger than the JL e4300.

Well anyways, anyone want the JL amp for $220 shipping to any of the 48 states?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 447
why are you selling it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3282
i'd take the orion over the jl e series.

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 111
About 4 months ago I purchased both this amp (JL JL AUDIO e4300) and a JL e1400d (both brand new in box). I was planning on using them together on my system, but I needed the money back, and sold the e1400d mono to a friend locally.

Most people are looking for mono amps to power just subs. So I havent been able to sell this amp yet. I would still like to use it to power all 4 interrior speakers, but I just dont have time to do the setup, no to mention I dont have any aftermarket or components in yet, its just stock.

Pictures can be taken if needed, but its still in the box brand new, speaks for itself. First $220 takes it.

Actually, I may just have a picture of it on my computer. I was gonna eBay it off, but was waiting to save a couple bucks on the listing fee, waiting for a $.10 listing or something... which I missed a couple days ago.

So its here, I got it. Please someone take this off my hands, I need $230 to pay for my car insurance this month! (btw, BUY IT NOW $220 not $230)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Hi guyz....Just received my orion 8004 and already installed it. Earlier I used to have a power acoustic amp(100X4 @ 4 ohms). Now I hear a very noticeable difference between this orion and the PA amp. Frnakly speaking the PA amp was not so bad in comparison for its price. I started upgrading my system to a better one. I changed my eclipse 3414 receiver to alpine 9853 receiver. I felt that eclipse had better clarity even though that model has only bass and treble control. But now after changing even the amp the system sounds very good. Dnt know how it would sound with the eclipse receiver(might be better). Now coming to the alpine receiver it gives out very little bass when compared to eclipse. I have to switch on the media Xpander in alpine to get more bass. And I also increased the bass boost in the orion amp. Right now for the Subs the gain is 3/4th and bass boost also 3/4th so that i can have better control from the receiver if I want to decrease it. Is it okay to keep the gains and bass boost so high. For front speakers the gain is almost half. Crossovers set at 125 hz 12db/oct for the front and 100hz 18db/oct for the Subs. Please help me in finetuning the system better or optimum. Also a lot of rattles occur in the trunk. So i am planning to buy some Edead for the trunk is Edead v1.0 enough or go for v1.1se . Is this better than dynamat xtreme. Sorry for the long post. All my decisions have been based on ur opinions and will always be...thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Please let me know guyz....thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us