I need your opinion on this amp

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 75
I'm about to make an spl setup..I have a sub lined up...got the price And everythang...I am getting a custom Atomic Apocolypse 18"...its the apx frame and cone..but with a ap motor and voice coil..so I woln't have to pay as much..or put as much power to it..See Atomic makes all there subs custom made..i was thinking about getting it with dual 1 ohm voice coils ..and pushing it with this amp.. MA Audio HK-401SX ..that way i can push supposedly 1800 watts by wiring it to an .50 Ohm load...I have looked far and hard for a gooid amp..and I think this looks better over an Hiphonics amp...MA Audio has been around longer..what do ya'll think..the sub will suppoedly have an rms of 1000 watts...i'm thinking per coil..but i know they do 4000 watt burps on these..so i'm not worried about blowing or burning coils..besides the ma amp is prolly a lil overrated..

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6710
funny u should say atomic cause 2day i was talking 2 this guy i know & he had customed ordered & already received 2 atomic apocalypse XX 18" subs - but he's pushing each with a mmats 3000.1 amp & he said that those subs r extremely LOUD !!!!!!!!

those MA amps should be a cheap spl set up 4 u - make sure u match up the ohms correctly ......

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 77
Yeah the Atomic subs are some of the top subs in the world...they are alll made in the us...I've never heard of anyone hitting below 160 db with an ap series woofer..they have the biggest sub in the world in majure production being made at the moment..its a 24" woofer..One of the sales rep's i know has one in his car..he said its loud as hell...Right now some guy is sellin two apx 15's on ebay for a good price...lets just say they sell for $1200.00 from the factory..Atomic used to make Kove subwoofers back in the day when they were good..lol..Atomic pretty much just made subwofers for other companies..and decided recently..about 3 years ago to start makin there own line... chek it out http://www.atomicspeakers.com

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us