How good are Lanzer amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 17
I used to have a lanzer 200 watt amp running 6x9's and it did ok. You can't beat the price but are they even worth what they sell for now days?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 173
they all worth for what you pay for, some are badly overrated, but others a good, if i were you i'll probably buy the optidrive line.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 245
No they arent worth waht you pay for. They arent great nor decent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
cameron, they're overrated but for the money you pay you can't demand more man... that's how this business works

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 874
They used to be pretty badass, but now I wouldn't use them as a doorstop.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 19
Well I can get a HTG234 800 watt 2 channel for about 100 shipped and a HTG414 600 4 channel for about the same price. They are brand new, not refurbs. I didn't know how underrated they were. The amps I was looking at are the Heritage series. Just a thought, since I'm on a tight budget. Thanks for your input and thoughts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
Well Julio, in this bussiness you get what you pay for. You spend little you usually get liitle. I am not saying you have to spend thousands to get the best but you cant expect the best from a couple hundred.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
that's true but look it at this way, the amp he's saying that throws 800w for 100 it will put like 400, but for 100 it's not that bad, so it worths the money

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6601
ya ^ but u can get audiobahn mono 800wrms amps @ $140 & its said 2 put out very close 2 rated power ......

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 20
How good is Audiobahn? I need a an amp that will run 400-500 watts to push the P2 12's. Rated at 200 rms 400 peak. I don't really want to peak them out but I want to push them good. Thanks for the info guys. I know "you get what you poy for" but those Lanzar amps are listed at about 250-350$, so I figured I was getting a 350$ amp for 100$..lol sounded good to me but I didn't know the rep on the amps. Guess I'm still looking.....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6613
Audiobahn products r more bling than substance but this amp is 1 of the few that actually does what it says
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13490

cheaper on ebay ^^^

make sure u check ur subs coil config 2 see if it'll work with this amp - there is also a 2 chan version of this amp which puts out around the same .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
that's true what rovin said, that's a better deal and better amp

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 21
Rovin, What do you mean about "make sure u check ur subs coil config 2 see if it'll work with this amp". The subs are 4 ohm SVC 200 watt- 400 watt peak.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 729
Andy, this forum has a grudge against anything that's not a highly recognized brand.

Profile, Lanzar, Power Acoustik etc get run under the bus on a regular basis simply because they're not in the same league as Kicker or Orion or JL or whatever other high dollar brand is the flavor of the day.

The fact is Lanzar Optidrives are very good amps, and as you said, the Vibes/Heritage amps are great buys. It's just that most of their ratings are so far off it's ridiculous. The Viberant 268, for example is on sale at millionbuy for $109 + shipping, it's rated for something crazy...like 2000w I think, but I've seen it tested twice at better than 900w bridged. That's a he<< of a buy for ~$120.

Also the class D's that sell on ebay for around $150 and do 1200-1500w.

I don't mean to be an ad for Lanzar, it's just the brand I keep up on the most. I know PA and Profle and others have some great deals too. The refurb Profiles at profilecaraudio.com are almost give aways for decent amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
Yeah I have used numerous profiles and had no problems with them.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 23
So if I go with Lanzar, get the Optidrive amps. Are they rated better than the Heritage amps. Or would I be ok with the Heritage model, just get a bigger rated amp? Thanks...Andy

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5398
FYI, there's more to it than price when it comes to amps. Just cause something is cheap/very low priced, doesn't mean it'll perform as stated. Don't be fooled by the ads. You will NEVER get something for nothing. Always a reason why it's cheap.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 730
Optidrive is by far Lanzar's best line. Ratings are accurate or a little conservative, nice controls, reliable, etc. They can run right along side most of the big dogs, and do in a lot of cases.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 24
Isaac, I totally understand you get what you pay for....... BUT I'm disabled and a stay at home dad to a 6 month old. My resources are limited at the moment. I don't have money to buy all the things I would like to have. One thing, I wouldn't be paying retail prices for the amps and for the money I guess they would work until I could do better. Thanks for answering my question Opti. I am just considering the amps in case I can't get the Fosgates I want. I wanted a little background info on them before I went and bought bad amps. I'm currently looking at a Punch P5002. Maybe things will work out where I can get that for my subs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5399
What is your budget Andy?
If it's $150 or less, Audiobahn A8002 does perform well. I've personally tested it during hot summer and -35 in winter. It worked even with frost all over the amp.
The problem I have with people assuming they're getting great deal from cheap companies is, sooner or later they'll realize that it's not as good as advertised. Another trick they use is, produce a product or 2 that performs "good" and the rest below standard. They "hook" you with that. So just cause a company has one good amp line, doesn't mean the rest will survive/perform.
It's just a cheap trick.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 25
I see where you're coming from Isaac and thanks for the heads up. Like i said I was just wondering if they were as good as they used to be. I think I'm just gonna save up and get a good amp from the start so I know what I'm getting. Just take a lil while to get it but worth it in the long run.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 29
For your price range I'd look at Hifonics on ebay. That "in my opinion" would be a better safer route. And it won't kill the wallet.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 28
Thanks, I will look into those. Any model numbers I should be looking for? I need 400-500 rms at 2 ohm stable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us