How much would it cost me to get my windows tinted? off topic

Bronze Member
Username: Moheevi

Post Number: 38
2002 two door grand am se

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 79
about 70-100 depending on where you go and what guarantee they give you. i got my 95 accord 4 door done for 100 with a lifetime guarantee.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 932
where u gonna put it? just the rear window and back doors?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 642
Matt it really just depends on where you get it done at .. Flea markets will usually have a place that does it for 75 bucks but for most cars at normal places it will cost between 120 an 150 an sometimes 175.. but dont fall for the sign outside that says 40 dollar or 99 dollar window tint because most the time thats only for Pu's altho if you do some price shopping you might be able to get it done for 100 bucks ... first car i did it cost 175 (Old 4 Door Cadillac Fleetwood) an the second car it cost 140 (96 Cadillac Seville) an the first place an second place gave me a lifetime warranty but the first place is already out of business so a life time warranty doesnt do me any good

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1752
1st time i did my car 140
2nd time 120
same damn store.., still depends on how much glass u have, and how curved it is and stuff..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11380
generally about $25-50 per window, on average.

Bronze Member
Username: Lincoln_ls_guy

Post Number: 14
got my car and the wifes car done for $400. Almost charged extra $30/car for darker tint, but waived since I was doing both cars. Zeibarts. Lifetime garauntee. Did both cars entirely. Worse part, it was by FAR the cheapest in a 80 mile radius.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 559
^^^ you got ripped off but what can you do when thats the only tinting place.I had my car done all round for $120 limo tintin the back and rear, and the two front doors medium. I get to choose what kinda tint i want with a lifetime guarantee the guy told me if it gets purple or bubly to bring it back and he'll do it for free.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
im getting 35 in front doors at 5 in back windows and rear window

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
im getting 35 in front doors and 5 in back windows and rear window

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1802
r u sure? 5% is illegal in all states if im correct. will they enforce it in your state? i dont know!

u doint it illegal, just get 2.5% and call it a day, all windows, except winsheild..

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 369
Where im from you could have every window as dark as you want except the driver/passenger window and of corse the winshield

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1807
Where im from you could have every window as dark as you want except the driver/passenger window and of corse the winshield
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this statement is true in NC if u have a TRUCK! NOT a car! 35% LEgal limit!!
^^^^it SUCKS!!!

where u from?

in Florida u can tint your windshelid, like 3/4 way...

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Detroit,but i still got tint on all my windows anyways :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1815
lol, thats wsup!
State Trooper peeled my tint OFF for me... lol
it was only 20%, he said it was too dark, and darker than his... I guess cause its a white car..
I got 35% all the way now, but my interior is dark, so it looks like 20% now... my 20% looked like 5% or even 2.5% limo....

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
Im thinking about doing 15%-20% but at night its hard as FU(K to see

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1829
hell "see out" << i couldnt do that @ night with my 20%, it was dangerous as hell....
i had to roll windows down just to change lanes.. LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
LMFAO thats so true^^^

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 90
do oyu guys think its a bad idea to get it done at a flea market???

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1924
umm. if it comes with some sought of warranty period..

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 432
Titanium tint is by FAR the best, also the most expensive (with the exception of liquid tints, which involves 2 panes of glass, and a dial that you can adjust your tint percentage on the fly! $1000/window!)

With titanium tint you can see out of the car almost as if there was no tint at all. But when you are looking in, it is actually darker than typical black tint! It reflects light like you wouldn't believe, it also makes your car look like its not even tinted at first glance! You look at the car and you see a reflection of whatever is bouncing your way off the tints, rather than with normal tints where you see black darkness that is obviously tinted.... Costs about $450 to get your car done, but is the nicest looking tint, as well as most practical!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2097
sounds sweet to me :-) I will need a $100K car, then I will hook that up.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 79
Lewass alot of people have that tint and honestly, I think it looks unbelievablyshitty. I have a Kandy Apple Red 1969 Chevy c/10 with 5% all the way around, with an 8" strip on the windshield and for two years, haven't got in trouble yet. It is hard to see out of sometimes, but well worth it when it comes to dishonest eyes. Titanium tint is good for that, but I think it looks cheap and I think alot of people would agree on that. It looks good with silver cars, but thats about it.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 607
demon post pics of ur ride.....i wanna put tints on my 71 torino GT

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 48
I have 35% on front windows (legal limit) and 5% over 35% (35% came stock in back) in back and it is alomost impossible to see in or out (at night). Price shop before you do it. I paid $310 for that and I regret it. about 10 miles down the street I could have saved $110. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2223323

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1316
I paid $120 CAD for mine, so that's not a whole lot in US funds. I got 35% in the front 2 windows, and 5% in the back 3 windows. Also got a lifetime warranty And yes, it's legal here :-)

Upload

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 926
^^^ Nice deal.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3615
Shops around here are $170 on average for 4 windows and the rear window.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 651
the higher the % means the darker the tint is right?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 652
bump

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 947
no, the % is the visibility. So like 5%, means it only lets 5% of the light through.. 100% = untinted.

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 57
i got 30% which is illegal here in TN for 100 plus tax done on my 2 door Stratus coupe...good deal and he did a great job...if ur in Nashville, you should go to The Tint Shop

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 31
i've got some 1% limo tint i'm gonna put on my truck as soon as i get a free weekend. hopefully i don't get in too much trouble but hey, it's worth it.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1420
1%?? Bit dark don't ya think? lol.....IMO, it's not worth it if you get caught. You have to pay the fine, and take time to take ti out again. Is it legal to have it that dark?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 32
I thought so too at first but my brother put some on the rear and sides of his truck and he hasn't had any trouble as of yet. It is really dark however especially at night, but it looks awesome.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1434
so is it legal? I know up here where I live, the back windows can be as dark as you want them to be, but the front have to be 35% or lighter

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 33
It really depends on the state. In utah where my bro lives its the same as you (but 28% on front) and in Montana where i am trucks are exempt from rear and back window restrictions (i think its 14% for cars).

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 284
i got 5% all around it cost me liek 160$ but bad thing is i had my trunk cut open more an sparks melted da windo like lil an looks liek i got sum lil air bubbles an a spot on the back window from it its g@y
Upload

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 285
i got 5% all around it cost me liek 160$ but bad thing is i had my trunk cut open more an sparks melted da windo like lil an looks liek i got sum lil air bubbles an a spot on the back window from it its g@y
Upload

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 286
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 194
Do it your self, its @ 15 a roll, 2 door 30$ 4Door $45, I just did the wifes car,

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 288
that stuff @ auto zone an advance auto parts is the cheap sh1t an will turn purple an its not the commerical brand like 3m
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us