Amp and sub suggestions

Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 3
ok, right now i have a power acoustic 1200 amp and a pair of 12" memphis power reference subs. they sound great but you can barely hear it outside of the car, so im looking to get a new system. i think i want a hifonics amp, because i hear they are awesome for the price, but im not sure how big to go. it would be nice if i could be heard comming down the road easily and maybe be able to set off some car alarms.that would be awesome. im am on a somewhat limited budget.also if you could tell me what subs to go with the amp/amps (whatever you suggest), that would be great. thanx alot

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 80
what are the specs on the amp and the subs. if you really want to be heard though, 2 2 channel amps bridged for each sub in a sealed enclosure. you will probably need to upgrade your altenator and battery too. but you will definetly be heard. give me the specs or the model number on the subs and i'll see what amp suits the subs.

Post Number: 5
well thats just the thing i dont know what to get for sure, all i know is that i want to get a hifonics amp because they are a really good quality for the money and that i want it too be LOUD.do you know of any 12" subs that are reasonably priced that will do this for me?that i can hook up to a hifonics amp?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6069
"hifonics amp because they are a really good quality for the money"

Nope, there quality is not all that great, they only produce about 70-75% of there rated power.

The only good thing about the low and mid level hifonics stuff is that u get cheap power

Post Number: 6
ok but arent they pretty good for the money? many people think that they are great

Post Number: 8
do you know of any other brands that dont lie a little on their specs and have reasonably priced stuff? tell me what you think i should get

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6078
for the money yes they are ok, just make sure u buy the next step up when buying hifonics, so if u think u need the 1500 get the 1600,etc

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 182
check this out, hifonics 1200bx blablabla and get two type R subs, that should work and hell yeah you should be heard a block away :p

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6616
well i would not say a block away unless its about 3am when its dead quiet

i own 2 Rs
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

& u can prolly hear it a certain distance away - if u really want 2 be heard from far buy 2 of any good 1000wrms subs & port them ........

Post Number: 9
so how does this sound? a hifonics bx2005d with 2 2ohm 1000 watt rms subs, then run the subs in parrallel so that they are down to 1 ohm and each will get 1000 watts? if you think this is a good idea, what subs would you recommend? type r s are only 500 rms

Post Number: 10
anybody want to recommend any 12" 1000 watt rms subs?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1409
eclipse ti's.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 555
Well you could get 4 4ohm Alpine R's 12" 500rms a piece 1500 max 4 ported R's would probably SLAM !!
But listen to Chauncy

"Nope, there quality is not all that great, they only produce about 70-75% of there rated power"

But I have always heard 70-80% but thats just what I heard I have never personally tested one I have owned 2 but I never even hooked one up I sold them to a few of local people that think hifonics are the shiz.

Might I suggest a refurb from ikesound of a better brand amp. They have a warranty!

http://www.ikesound.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok i think i have it, a hifonics brutus 1505 powering 2 12" Soundstream VGW-12 subs, which are 600 wats rms, the amp should be about perfect since the specs on the amp are a little overated. anyone object or want to give me your opinion?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us