4000 WATTS and need a wiring diagram 4 second battery

Username: Evanbean

KANSAS CITY, KANSAS U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I've got a 92 caprice just put a new altenator on it, but I've got a 4000 watt legacy 2 channel amp, and also a 400 watt fockford for my highs. the prblem is that i need a second battery, to stop my lights from flickering, but i don't know how to wire it up or all the componets to hook it up. N E 1 GOT ANSWERS?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1749
let me get this straight, u got a new alternator and your lights are still flickering? what kind of alt, how many amps???
what king of batt is your 1st batt? also what wireing kit, size wires & fuses are u using??

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1053
a second battery wont help you with your lights flickering unless your cars off think about it

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1750
http://www.bcae1.com/charging.htm
http://www.bcae1.com/chargin2.htm

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 643
4000 watt legacy LOL, i promise that legacy doesnt have 4000watts an if you look in the Owners book it will probably say around 1200rms but i also would put money on it that the amp cant even do 800rms .... do you mean you put a HO alt ?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 466
He says new alternator not HO alternator. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 650
Polo... yeah but why mention the alt in a car stereo place unless ur implying u did this alt switch to help the system, thats the only reason i asked.."CadillacDB"

Bronze Member
Username: Lincoln_ls_guy

Post Number: 15
easiest way to install 2nd batt is to just put it inline between first batt and amp. If ur drawin that much power then u might wanna drive around a bit without it cranked to help recharge both batts. A prob u might run into tho, is if u disconnect a batt from the system, ur car might not start. I'd check all ur grounds first though. A bad ground can cause light flickage.

Post Number: 3
MY WIRE GAGUES ARE FINE I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST WIRE KIT ROCKFORD HAS SO THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. I'VE CHECKED ALL GROUNDS THERE FINE. THE ALT IS 105 AMP, AND YOU CAN'T INLINE THE BATTERIES WITH OUT CREATING A LOAD ON THE ALT. AND EVEN THOUGH MY ALTERNATOR HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY I DON'T FEEL LIKE REPLACING IT ONCE A WEEK.

Post Number: 4
AS FOR MY AMP AND ITS POWER THE CRAPPY TWELVE'S I HAVE FROM SONY ARE GETTING QUITE THE BEATIN' THE NEED SO POWER WISE IT WORKS FOR ME. I JUST NEED THE JUICE TO KEEP IT RUUNING.BUT IF YOU GOT SOMETHING BETTER IN MIND CADILLAC LET ME KNOW

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1457
105 amp alt wont run too much of anything dude...especially not over 1000 watts...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2005
105a alternator puts out like 30-40a at idle!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6171
This guy is not even serious
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us