Tell me what you think of this. Got it from a Professional Installer.

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 13
I got my subs in today. Punch Stage 2 4 ohm 12's. I'm buying 2 P4004's. One to run my subs and one to run my mids and highs. Im gonna bridge the P4004 on both channels and run one channel per sub for a rms of 200watts at 4 ohms each. Let me know what you think. The other P4004 I'm gonna use to run my 4 way 6x9's and my fosgate plates in the dash. I have a 90 Camaro RS. Once I'm done with thw install, I will have pics listed. Any input is welcome.
Andy

Bronze Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 97
Do it your self my bro is 15 and he installed it himself by watching a video:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-WIPytf86PHy/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_mo vie.html?format=wmv

It took him 45 mins and It looked great!! And it was his first time..

Hope that helps!!

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 14
Oh, I will install it myself. I just got advice about the amps from him. I was needing advice on amp selection. I want to use Fosgate amps. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 451
I pumped 12wrms through these three Fosgates and they didn't even wimper, Polo..

PS- My one RE sx15 is a lot louder then all three of these at the same power!Upload

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 15
Polo, By wimper you mean they didn't sound good? Also they suggest.85 cf for air space and i have a box made for a 90 rs camaro. I was told the subs would blow in that much air space that I have(maybe 1.50) God i'm so confused with all this stuff. Ive been out of the game wayyy to long. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 348
polo what size is that encloser and what kind of car

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 463
By wimper meaning they can handle 400 rms and no problems as long as you keep it clean (no clipping). Why would they blow? You can run them free air, lol. That box is I think 5cf plus I stuffed the sh!t out of it, helped it sound deeper. There are no baffles and all three subs shared the same space if that helps you any, Polo..

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 465
Pontiac grand prix

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 18
So basically the "professional" was full of chit. HE said I was allowed about a 5% margin over/uner the .85 cf in a sealed enclosure. Oh well, I guess I can try them in my box and see. Thanks for the reply Polo, you did help me.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1659
he is right on the box, but each sub is different, and I do not think youll be even running rms to those subs,it says 200w, but that is at a higher voltage then stock system...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 822
Lol you ran 12WRMS to them? Did you even hear them playing?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 474
Sorry, 1200 wrms but it actually put out 1390 wrms and I don't play around, I beat the piss out of them just didn't clip them. The amp was a PG X1200.1 and YES I did hear them, lol. We are placing subs of all kinds in boxes larger than recommended, doesn't mean the manufacture was right, they just give a recommendation. Polo..

PS- this is the amp I beat them with, kinda robust inside, lol.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us