Should I pay for an install?

Bronze Member
Username: Nruzicka

Post Number: 15
Should I pay $100 for the install of my amp and my 2 10's? (all of the wiring and everything)

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 135
I wouldn't.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
even if i have never done this and dont know anything about it, but i saw some pretty detail instructions thought on the internet

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 532
its up to you. that isnt a bad price actually. its all time consuming, expessially the amp. the subs are not hard to do.

if you are scared about messin somethin up, just have them install it, and you can (when their done) look your self at how they wired everything.

now you can know for future reference. thats just my 2 cents

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 11
don't, it's really not hard, and you can learn.. i just preffer to do everythign myself so maybe thats why i'm saying that.. but i honestly wouldnt, its not really hard.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6556
hey - DIY !

just browse www.bcae1.com , www.the12volt.com & Crutchfield has a decent beginner's ho to do section as well ...

of course u can always askk any1 here too ..........

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 72
and its really not time consuming, I can throw an amp, and two subs in just about any car... not all, like mercedes and bmw's, and cars like that... in at the most an hour and a half. thats a nice clean install, power run down one side, signals down the other, all wires hidden, grommets used, and wires all nice and perfect length.

bmw's and luxury cars usually take a bit longer cause you have to take the rear seats out to get a very clean install done.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 73
and 100 bucks is kind of high. we only charge 60 bucks for an amp and two subs at my shop and thats same day price.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 137
I saw how a pro did the wiring and thats how i learned how by looking back to see how he did it, plus this sight is cool it helps ppl out a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1647
What car do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
a 2003 civic coupe

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1654
you can do it yourself, but if you really do not feel confident in doing it, then yes pay to have it done.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5387
If this is your first time, then pay the guy and watch. You can learn a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 88
Do it your self my bro is 15 and he installed it himself by watching a video:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-4cDmMEPIlZy/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_mo vie.html?format=wmv

It took him 45 mins and It looked great!! And it was his first time..

Hope that helps!!

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 357
for me i actually had fun putting the stuff in but take your time...i touched a wire on my hu and thought i blew it 5X no bull thank GOD for fuses lol.......but its in there and it all works wasnt bout to pay money for something i can do

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1003
just do it yousefl and take your time anybody can do it if you worried about it ask him how much to justr un the wires(thats the hardest part)watch him and then just put the rest in your self you might be able to save a couple bucks and the rest is very simple
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us