*sniff* *sniff* recomend me something, my setup SUCKS

Username: Slaya

Post Number: 2
Hey, first off i'll let you know my setup, and then i'll get to my problem..

Headunit: pioneer deh-2700
Front speakers: CDT KA-61 (connected to head unit)
Rear speakers: none
single Sub: pioneer Pioneer TS-W300R
amp: Alpine V12 MRV-F307

Okay, my problem is that my system sucks, the front speakers are fine ( i guess), but my sub is bearly heard.. i bought this amp off my brother who has the same sub as me, except he ran 2 of them off this SAME amp.. his system could be heard from almost down the block, it was amazingly loud.. in mine, you can bearly hear it when your in the car? i have the turn my head unit to FULL and fade the front speakers out so the sub is louder.. i honestly dont know what to say but if anyone has any ideas please let me know..

any help is greatly appreciated :-(

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 421
get a better HU and a better amp to run what you have. Then I'd suggest upgrading the sub and lastly the speakers. KA is decent and matches anything found in CC and BB but not the best from CDT. I would look into the EF series.

Post Number: 3
Hrm, i'm honestly not evan worried about the front speakers, there not the greatest but theyre fine for me.

As for the head unit, when my brother had it connected to a Jenson 70$ head unit, and mine is a pioneer 110$

That amp and my same sub (except two of them) used to THUMP loud as hell, and could be heard from half way down the block.. mine can bearly be heard from inside..

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 424
well things like him using bass boost and probably having the amp push more power out would be a reason plus it is two subs and not just one.

Post Number: 4
argss, you have no idea how annoying this is.. because this is my second amp i got.. and money is hard to come about for me :-(

anything i can do to make this pos work right?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 728
maybe turn the gain up on the amp?

Post Number: 5
it's full.. i'm going to do a lot of reading on speakers and stuff, i know a lil bit right now, but i'm not an expert.. i've hooked up a few systems which were basic but this amp is really complicated so i downloaded the manual and im trying to learn this.. ill be posting a lot of questions so thanks for the help..

if i get some money through ill be buying a new head unit, but i wont bother asking that here ill just ask it in the headunit section.

thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1715
gain is "FULL"? I think u need to turn it down some..

Post Number: 6
really?

i downloaded the manual for this amp, and it's really complicated. i'm learning a lot of the features and the little buttons on it, which i didn't understand before.. hopefully tomorrow i can get it hitting hard.

B, or anyone actually, experienced in alpine v12 amps and how to correctly connect the 1/2 things up?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1718
u set gain to match ur HU, not turn it all the way to FULL! @ FUll that amp will be sending a clipped signal to the subs...

my friend had a v12 in high school, I hooked it up for him, but I cant remember anything about it. It was aiight...

read your manual.... then read this....
http://www.bcae1.com/

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 343
get the arc 1500 amp hook it to 13 inch w7
buy an eclipse 8455 and get some dls speakers and ur good to go

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 162
jajaja lil you're kind exagerated lol!

Post Number: 7
oh man this amp is COMPLICATED.. been messing around, got it to hit a little bit harder..

it has things like "1 - ST - 1+2" and you gotta switch it to one of them, im slowly learning but it really is confusing.. im going to take it to my friend who knows this amp well, maybe he'll help.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 876
Did your brother have the same box? The same car?

Username: Polkaudi112

Post Number: 4
ebay thats the answer

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 322
the ohms on the subs are different. Get the two and hook them back up and i bet it will be loud again.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 221
something cheap, use the alpine for components and turn the gain down, buy two kicker comp CVR and then buy hifonics b1205, and there you go, good system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us