Which subs will work best with my amp?

Username: Jusbechillin

Post Number: 3
Okay, which would sound the best with my Rockford Fosgate power 501BD amp with two sealed enclosures at .55 CF each.... the Fosgate P210S4, P210D2, or P310D2??? Im not sure with my mono amp at 500W which would sound the best. The guy at the store recomended the P210s4.... And the reason for Fosgate is because of the costs I can get...Will I notice a big differance with the DVC over the SVC? and once again I dont want to underpower what I buy and Im not good at matching the specs up..Thanks for the advice...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1630
if that amp is 1ohm stable, then dual 4 ohm subs, if 2ohm then single 4ohm

Post Number: 5
So not the 2 ohm DVC subs? I was told that would run on a mono amp..... Dont get me wrong I would love to save the $$$ and buy the cheaper of the three subs... but I do want to do this right the first time so thats why I am askin for advice.
And also, I dont think my amp is stable at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1638
I found that info, it is 2ohm stable, you can run 2 single 4 ohm subs, or 2 dual 2 ohm(series/parrale) the end result is going to be the same a 2ohm load...

Post Number: 6
I understand that the ohm load will work ...... My question is... A: Will the DVC's sound better? B: Do I have enough power for the DVC's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1641
you have just enough power to run 2 single 4 subs, it is a 500w amp, and you could get buy with the dvc, at 250w rms, i do not think that amp is going to see 500w, not at stock voltage...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us