Best amp for use with 2 12w3v2's

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 55
Hey guys which amp do you think will be better for my 2 dvc 4ohm 12w3v2's:

LANZAN VIBE 268 http://cgi.ebay.com/LANZAR-VIBE-268-2000W-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP-WOW_W0QQit emZ5874963998QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

VIPER 600D http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2426

both of these items are refurbished. my main concern is money( < $120) and having atleast 600w rms at either 1ohm or 4ohm. Do you guys have any suggestions for another amp that falls into these categories?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 237
Just out of those two don;t go with the lanzar! I have heard the viper isnt bad.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6438
if that viper is 600WRMS then i'd pick that out of the 2 .........

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1621
the viper, it is 1 ohm stable, you do not need alot of power on those subs.

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 57
do you guys have any other suggestions for 600w rms subs in my price range?? Also, I went to a local audio store today and I talked with the guy and I told him I was looking for a 600w class d amp, and he told me that if i got one of 600w class d I would need an xtra battery or i would fry my subs because of the distortion. I think he may have ment clipping.....i have a stock alt and battery in my 99 sr5 4runner. I don't think i will need the xtra battery, but what do you guys think? He also said i would need a 4gauge wiring kit for a 600w amp...does that sound like the correct gauge??

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 978
buddy at the audio store sounds like an idiot as usual.. 4runner "should" be fine with 600 watts but you will have to try it and see.. 4 ga wiring is right.. if u have problems with the elec system you will have to get a lil stronger alternator

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 58
ok...thats what i thought...also im not goin to be upgrading the alternator untill the end of the upcoming summer.at the end of the summer,i'm going to get a 200amp ho alt from excessive amperage,and a new system to go with it.

also.......do you guys have any other suggestions for 600w rms subs in my price range??

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 63
Get a JbL bp 600.1

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 59
i like the bp 600.1 alot...but it's really hard to get cheap...the price always shoots up on ebay

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 60
well I just bought the viper 600.1 from ikesound.com for 116.95 shipped via paypal. Hopefully everything works out well and I get my order soon(since they are located in florida and I'm in georgia).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us