Which amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 11
Hi everyone, I'm totally new to amps and stuff, so please be gentle, I'm trying to learn :-)

I bought a 12w6 from ebay, and was hoping to buy a 4-channel amp, to run the sub and a set of component speakers. The trouble is, I have very little idea of what to look for in an amp. Can anyone recommend good sites to learn, or recommend some good amps (or what I need to look for), or both? Thanks heaps!

Bronze Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 25
www.ikesound.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3202

NEVER GET AUDIOBANN!!

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 501
what are you talking about ntpd-papd????

the audiobahn amps are great, expessially the intake ones because they put out alot of watts that will still leave with money.

the audiobahn a8000t amd a8002t amps both puts out 800 watts (i have had them benched) and for 130 bucks, that i a great deal.

i have an a8002t and the thing never overheats and stays cool all the time.

dont stay stuff just because you want to run your post number up.\

AND THAT IS NOT A GOOD SITE TO LEARN FROM. www.bcae1.com is the best site out their for people who want to learn everything about car audio and more.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 26
first tell me what speakers you have already. subs and components. whats the size of each one, the ohms on the subs and the watts of each.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Some audiobann amps are OVERRATED (SOME)!!!

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 503
since when is ikesound a good place to learn?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
i was recommending a AMP!!

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 506
ok. he just wanted to know some sites that are a good place to learn. my bad.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1615
you do not want a 4 channel to run that sub, it is a dual 4ohm sub. ohm load to low for almost all 4 channels to handle bridged...

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 22
The power you could bridge from a 4 chnl would be pretty low for that sub. You should give that sub around 450rms. As for the comps. Like stated above, name, specs, size?!?

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 40
get a 5 channel soundstream, that would be my choice.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 202
get a mono amp that is two ohm stable for sub. if you choose components and rear speakers get a four channel amp, if just component speakers 2 channel ab amp will work fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I haven't bought the speakers yet, in fact I haven't bought anything, only the sub. You guys are saying I'll need 2 amps? Some speakers I'm looking at are JL xr650-csi, or dls ur6s.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 204
not a necessity but people tend to have one or two amps dedicated to their components, and one or two amps dedicated to their subs, depending on how much power they need.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 35
i have one 4 channel amp dedicated to the component speakers and one six channel amp bridged for the 2 subs. the las 2 channels are awaiting the next 2 subs. if you have subs, its best to keep them on their own amp. 2 amps if the subs are that powerful.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
"it is a dual 4ohm sub."

I thought it was a dual 6 ohm.
That said, how about a JL 300/4? I wanna buy of ebay, and not spend a great deal (so I've got more money on speakers and junk :-))

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 160
man don't be stupid, buy 1 mono amp stable at 2 ohm cuz is one 4ohm DVC right? then buy a 2 channel amp and put it all the things, or buy one 4 channel amp for components, but don't use one 4 channel amp for subs or component cuz is not the best
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us