2 Ch x 500W at 2 ohm
Rated Output Power:
2 Ch x 165W at 4 ohm (0.04% THD)
1 Ch x 400W at 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
2 Ch x 200W at 2 ohm (0.1% THD)
Low Pass Filter (Selectable): 80Hz, -18dB/oct
Frequency Response: 5Hz, -50kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB

i hooked everything up and the light came up green on the amp it was pumping untill i started putting volume up and then the amp shut off and the light turn red, i tried everything unbridging it hooking up different ways but it wont help, whats wrong? is it the amp speakers or the wiring please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 11
does it only turn off after you start pumping it or did it not turn on again after that last time it turned off.

Username: Antonb

Post Number: 2
after it shuts off i take the ground or any wire that has to do with electriciy out and stick it back in or in other words reset the amp then the power protector light comes on green again untill i put the volume up

Username: Error_505

Post Number: 4
Have you tried adjusting your gain on the amp to a lower level and then turning your head unit volume up to where it shuts off at? If not, I would try that to determine if your amp is overheating. Also, what gauge power and ground wire did you run for your amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
check the speaker wires going to the subs. if they are making contact, the amps protection wont get tripped until a certain volume. you mentioned that you had it bridged. how did you have two speakers on a two channel amp bridged?

Post Number: 3
gain is minimum and it shuts off when its not even close loud, i beleve its a 9 gauge

Post Number: 4
i took both two pluses from each speaker put them together, same thing with minuses and the two pluses went in to the plus terminal of channel one and the minus in chanel two, bu it doesnt matter because even when i hook one 12 up to one channel same thing occurs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
do you have each one of the subs connected to their own channel on the amp? from those ratings, i think thats the only way to run the system cool and stable. it sounds like there are speaker wires touching though. like i said, the protection will not trip until the current (volume) reached a certain level. if it was anything else, the protection would trip as soon as the amp turns on.

Post Number: 5
by speaker wire you mean wire fom the amp to subs? because this is 02 olds aurora and in order for me to keep my wheel integrated controles i hade stick with a factory strereo so i used inline converter, do u think something might be wrong with that?

Post Number: 6
i run them of my 6x9

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
might be. to which connector is the factory stereo connected to on the amp? is it connected to the RCA connector or the high-level input. the high-level inputs look exactly like the connectors for the subs. does sound come out from the subs before the amp shuts down?

Post Number: 7
rca, and yes sound does come out as long as i dont put volume up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
here's the bad news. 1st, if you really want quality sound, i really suggest sacrificing the wheel integrated controls and getting a decent after-market stereo. go with Pioneer if you want hand-held control of the audio. 2nd, Sony does not make good car audio equipment except for the receivers. if you do decide to get the after-market receiver, connect the amp to it via the rca connector on the back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
if thats the case, i'm still leaning towards the speaker wires coming out of the amp making contact somewhere down the line. maybe even inside the sub box. check those wires. if they all seem to be ok, then your problem is with the amp itself.

Post Number: 8
ok thank you very very much for your help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
no prob. keep me posted.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1604
If that amp[ is bridged to 2 single 4ohms subs, that is your problem, that amp can not handle 2ohms bridged only stereo mode..... And you can buy a steering whell add on piece to keep those functions....

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 63
your problem is the sh1tty amp ive had an explode amp before i would never never use it again they cant put nothing out and like u said they cut out on(which is prolly liek ty said the ohm load your giving it) you and them sh1tty pioneer amps for wally world you should have invested that money in a better amp if u got it from wal mart i would take it back and get the money back and buy a better amp

Post Number: 9
I FIXED THE PROBLEM IT WAS MY INLINE CONVERTER WIRED WRONG, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 79
explain your fix for this because my amp does the same.

Post Number: 10
thear are different converter out there my problem was that after i hooked all the wires up to the converter i had two brown wires left and i did a mistake wiring them together, and they are not supposed to be that way

Username: Ron_07

Hobson, Montana United states

Post Number: 1
i have the same probelm, i have a 12 inch pionner sub and a 2 channel 300 watt jensen amp, none of my wires are touching, my ground is good, ive tried bridging it and everything, when i turn on my car everything works right until i turn the volume up then then the amp shuts off my sub and the wires spark.

Post Number: 2
how do i fix it?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1649
unbridge that amp...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 167
maybe the amp is going to protection mode cuz that happened with one legacy amp i had when powering subs

Post Number: 3
even when its un bridged it doesnt work, i only hooked the positive wire up and it helped a little it dosnt shut off but barely pushs the sub, could it be that the amp dosnt have enough watts for the sub? its a pioner tw306dvc 1000w peak and 400 rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us