Crossfire VR1000D vs kicker 1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 496
which one would be better FOR ME.

i have an SX15 and i need an amp that is smaller because i dont have much room where i mount it (back of backseat, also i need effecency and i heard the vr1000D is much more efficent (like 86% or somthing)

i know the VR is 1000watts at 12.5 volts

i also like the bass knob

i think i am leaning toward the VR but i want some input before i buy

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6289
both amps r gr8

but imo if i had 2 choose i'd buy the Kicker hands down .

Ur SX handles 1200wrms easily & that kicker is highly underrated & i seen a birthsheet some1 posted in the bragging section , it does 1440 WRMS ! ....can't beat that value ...

If were 2 4ohms dvc 400wrms or even 500 wrms subs u had then i'd the CF amp ....

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2224
Crossfire. Great product rep. Great company rep. Kickers are tough, but look like someone's interpretation of what an alien's briefcase might look like. Corny-esque imo.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3260
http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

i added this in the 800-1000 rms amp post also.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1249
i think MO had that crossfire amp. you should ask him about it. i know kicker amps are great, don't know about crossfire.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3262
http://www.batcap.net/8400spec.htm

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 497
do you have to have a bat cap? whats it do anyways

and is the kicker as effecent?
i dont know if my alt could handle a kx1200.1 if it isnt

and the crossfire is suppose to get like 1300 or more at normal running voltage, which is suppose to have much less draw and not too shy of the 1200.1 on wattage. i think effecency is more improtant to me than 100 watts, and i would be that much less likely to blow my sub too

i think both amps would be fine for my sub but the CF might be better FOR ME

also, i can get the crossfire brand new with a year warranty for 440 shipped and i think i would have a hard time getting the same price and warranty on a NEW kx1200.1 (refurb may be a different story)

besides i dont think i can fit the kx where i have my BX1205D now on my back seat (check out the teal mobile post in the sub/bragging area for visual refrence)

MO do you think the CF is that much more effecent?

im slpit down the middle, but leaning toward the CF

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3264
I whould go with the VR1000D in this case. Its smaller then the kicker, much lighter then the kicker. More efficiant then the kicker. Only draws 120A at full bohr. I had one running off a 95A stock alternator with no signs of dimming. This is a winner amp when it comes to class D efficiancy and power. I whould take it all day long and did i mention it is MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 498
thats exactly what i need

decision made

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 998
Ya, I would definately go with crossfire. Good choice.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1323
as allways, did you also consider the RE12.1, its 1200watts@12.5volts, $390 shipped with a one year warranty, comes with bass knob, built in the USA, not sure on dimensions and weight and efficancy though.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 499
you know what i didnt think about that, but i think you might have a point there,

that does match my sub and is cheaper,

hmmm.......

i wonder how effeceint it is?

i dont think it is very big either.....

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 500
it just says build with efficiency in mind and doent give measurements on the site

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3273
CrossFire has been a major player in amps for a long time and are reliable and have a history. The RE seems like a good choice aswell but hasnt been around as long. They both look nice.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 366
The kicker has almost a 80% efficiency that is why they stay sooo cool. The kicker also has quality and is a product you can trust. I have two kicker amps and I am very happy with the performance. It is usually the people who don't have one who actually votes against the Kickers. Your right they may be lighter then a Kicker but do you know what is inside one of these amps, I do and i am very impressed. You buy one of those off brands and we'll compare guts. JMHO..Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 501
the crossfire is like 84% effecent

i also want to look at the nine.1, which is cheaper by far, has a 2 year warranty, but is only 64% efficent

so im back to being split between the CF, the RE12.1, and the nine.1

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6313
i thought u already made up ur mind

like i said above - but CF & K r both GR8 amps , but if were me i'd still get the kicker due 2 the fact that SX can handle it easily & u will have even more headroom with a bigger than needed amp , hence ur amp runs cooler .

but with whichever u go with ur still buying a quality amp & not some overrated junk ...

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 503
the nine.1 is only 315 bucks shipped w/ 2 yr warranty

that like 125 bucks cheaper that the CF

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 505
mabey i could use that money toward a batcap or a yellowtop (which i still dont really know what a batcap does or is but i guess its good)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3276
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xstatic-Model-800-Stereo-Battery-14-lb-BatCap-New-2006_W0QQi temZ5874107006QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is what a batcap is suppose to do.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 508
mabey i could use that money toward a batcap or a yellowtop (which i still dont really know what a batcap does or is but i guess its good)

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 367
So basically you guys are trying to say that those "knock-off" amps are better than a Kicker? Don't buy one of those other amps because you are convinced that they are better than Kicker but because you cannot afford it (nothing wrong with that), especially for your ages. When I was your guys age I couldn't afford anything like this stuff and I think minimum was $3.10/hr, now I really feel old... :-O

PS- You get what you pay for..... :-)

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 509
whoops double post

i should be ok with my 160 amp alt to use a regulat battery and a batcap 800 right?

and that would healp out on my dimming correct?

i dont know i am seriously thinking about getting the nine.1 because its so much cheaper and then getting that bat cap with it

sound ok?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6320
if ur concerned about price (cause i read ur post where u said u don't work 4 much $) & warranty then i guess ED9 is ur no1 choice then ....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3278
You cant go wrong with the CrossFire VR1000D or Kicker KX1200.1 or RE12.1

Seems like you have a big enough HO Alternator for the job. Batcap 800 will definetly help you with the any additional dimming.

Just use your volume knob wisely and they will all treat you very good.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 510
yea i think i will get the nine.1 and save the rest for that batcap and a big3 upgrade

i called RE and they couldnt even tell me what the efficency % was so.... i dont nkow about that

but anyway i can get the nine.1 for 315 with the coupon and i think i will be in good shape. ed's site says it only has 130amps of draw at the maximum and i will rarely push it that hard because i dont wanna blow my new sub

how do i wire the bat cap? off the main battery or off the alternator?

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 511
nevermind, i just saw glasswolf telling someone not to get one, and he knows all

so ill just get the nine1 and a 0ga big3 upreade and be done with it

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3279
Terry, it whould help to get a optima yellowtop instead.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 515
what do they run, and why are they better and or different

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3280
http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/a utomotive/deep_cycle.html

You can learn more there.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 519
i dont really see that i need one of those if im not running my system without my car being on

ill think about that purchase arefter i pick up the amp and big 3 from ed

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1260
i'd stay away from the Batcaps. i had one and ran into all kinds of problems so i took it out and sold it. works better i think without it.

a yellow top isn't just for running your system with the car off. its a deep cycle battery which has more resistance against damage due to voltage drops and high current needs from an audio system. it won't build a memory or be damaged as easily as a normal battery would. it'd be a good idea to get one and i'd definally reccoment a Yellow Top over a Batcap.

see Glasswolf's site for more comments on why not to get a Batcap. also good information on batteries too.

it does have a lower CCA rating then a lot of batteries though, but i've had no problem, but i do have a Honda with a 4 cylinder, lol.

i'm also thinking about getting a ED NINe.1 and NINe.2, but am undecided. can't get any unbiased info on them.

i think Yellow Tops run $125-$180 depending on where you get them from. if thats too much, i think odyssey batteries are close to the same for cheaper. odyssey makes stinger's batteries too, so they are the same.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 521
well i have a 89 accord 4cylcder so....

it sucks because i just bought a battery from autozone, i dont remember what brand but it was like 90 buck and the best one they had for my car

i have 3year free replacement too

i guess i dont have to worry about messing it up thou

i donno

Username: Tcrowden

Ocean springs, Ms.

Post Number: 8
I have the crossfire 1000D on 2 BMF 10's in a ported box and they have my whole cab flexn

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 567
i think a nine 1 will do just as good a job and have a little power to spare

and ill keep that 125 bucks more the CF costs

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1658
crossfire is used in competition, some drop to .5ohms... so yeah, the crossfire also likes higher voltages..

if u runing at 12-14v no competition get any amp.. =D

also u said u dont need a Optima? man a Optima helps anyone system! off or on! Huge diffrence..

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 570
how does it help?

what are the bennefits?

i might get one later on because i just love getting new stuff for my car

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1674
it stablize the car voltage tremendously! yellow is a deep cycle battery so u can play with car off also, without worring about damage to the batt.
Think of it this way... Yellow top is not like most of the batteries u find in the store. It a tuff super strong battery for dedicated car audio systems.

I like them cause, u can bass real hard at idle. with the voltage beein stable!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1676
Ill pick a yellow over a 100 capactitors any day!

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 571
well do i get one just for my system or for the whole car

i have a 160 amp alt

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1726
add 1 in the trunk, leave your standarad batt under the hood, so u will now have 2 batteries. Wire both in parallel.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 575
yea, how do you wire it in parrallel?

is that a wire straight from the alt? or off the main battery?

what size wire?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us