Wondering how to wire my amps.

Username: Belac_choj

Post Number: 2
I have a question,
I have 2 Power Acoustik LT1440-2 two-channel amps and 2 SPL CAL-12 subs. I want to Bridge them and hook them up to my Dual Head Unit, which only has two RCA outputs. I want to go one amp per sub to get the most wattage possible. But I'm not sure how. Could someone tell me how?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1581
those subs are dual 4, they will not work bridged on those 2channel amps, ohm load is too low, they are going to cut on/off or burn the amps out. the only way you can run them bridged is to eun them 8ohm load not 2ohm.

Post Number: 3
What if I were to run just one amp that isnt bridged to both subs, but that only gives me 360w X 2 @ 4 ohms.
Will the subs work at 2 ohms?

Post Number: 4
Nevermind my last
theyre 360w X 2 @ 2 ohms
300w x 2 at 4 ohms

Gold Member

Post Number: 1583
those amps are rated for a 2ohm load stable at stereo mode(1 per channel) and that amp puts out 300@4 and 360@2ohms and prob at 14.4volts. i would bet to venture that it may not be enough power for them.

Post Number: 5
So what amp would you recommend, and what kind of set up? im pretty tight on cash. thanks for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
what kind of monay do you want to spend.

Post Number: 6
On the amp, probly about $100 to $300.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1617
for that kind of money, some guys are selling the kicker 1200.1 on this forum for under that,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us