Why the difference in sound??

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 110
Ok ive always wondered say if your in a store and all of a sudden some1 passes buy bassin it and if ur in the store or any where near the car outside no matter where you stand it sound surround, but other systems dont sound like that and only soun surround in certain corners of the store. Is this sq or spl that gives that surround? Or is it because of the type of car u have? Or if u have a good system no matter what car you have it sounds good? I havnt had much expirience so i dont know. Thanx for all the input.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 113
does nebody know?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11358
nobody is answering you because nobody can understand you.
try again without the ghetto wigger ebonics slang and the terrible grammar and spelling please?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11359
what do you mean by "surround?"
bass carries because of the longer wavelengths as frequency decreases. If you hear the car from outside the vehicle, like when you're standing in a store, that's mainly due to a few factors.. lack of sound deadening in the car, high output at low frequencies (that carries long distances), or subs mounted in some location making them carry more, like in the bed of a pickup.

The best cars can play extremely loud, without the sound carrying beyond the vehicle itself. That's good acoustic control, and most of the power being used to produce sound is being kept inside the car where it belongs.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 804
I'll agree with Glasswolf here. If my windows are rolled up in my car, you can barely hear the bass outside (and on a termlab, legal, my system is over 150 dB now).

You can definately hear it, no doubt, but if I roll my windows down, it's audible for blocks.

Good sound deadening will do this..it does wonders for the SQ, too.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1599
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/206063.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us