System help...

Anonymous

ok.. i have two crunch pzi2250 amps... not greatm i know. but its what i got. Says they run 1000w max, but dont give no RMS... thats bullshit. Anyway. i got 2 crunch amps and 2 alpine swr1221d's. I plan on hooking on a sub to each amp. My pioneer deck only has one set of preouts... any suggestions?? and also.. can anyone tell me what i need to do to hook both amps up? like.. distribution block, or 2 power wires, or what? i got the basic idea i think. also, anyone have any comments on the sub/amp combo... how do you think that will work?

Username: Kicker_kyle

Post Number: 6
Don't worry about what you have you will need a distribution block I would run 2 guage wire into the block a 4 gauge to the amps do your amps have line outs because if they do you can run rcas to one amp and then to the other but if it doesnt you can get a splitter.

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 32
1) Get some RCA " Y " Cables and connect them to the back of your CD Player preouts...
2) Run 2 seperate RCAs ( 1 to each amp )
3) Since they are crunch amps.. No need for a 2gauge wire from your battery... Get a 4 or 5 gauge wire...
4) Run that to a distribution block w/ (2) 8 gauge wire going to each amp
5) Get another distribution block for your GROUND
6) Run 4 or 5 gauge wire to the other distribution block w/ (2) 8 gauge wire going to each amp
7) Connect the remote wire directly into either amp, then connect the remote wire to the other amp.

Example:

---remote(coming from CD Player)--[AMP]---remote(coming from amp)-[AMP#2]

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 17
i might do somethign similar to this, and i'm wondering do you need a distrobution block for the GROUND? can't you run 2 ground wires from the same bolt(which would be connected to the car ofcourse)

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 33
Yeah, that would work!... I was just always told

* POWER & GROUND MUST MATCH *

If Power is 4-5gauge, then Ground is 4-5gauge
I just do everything evenly... But if you do it double ground, it won't change the outcome ( It'll still work! )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us