Kicker kx550.2

Bronze Member
Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 61
Whats the deal with this amp kx550.2 i hooked it up the sub is a L5 4ohm.So i thought i had a godd setup now went to adjust the gain and it's like there is hardley any bass comming out of this it's like it has low out power.All hook ups are good guess i have to send it back to kicker.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1913
u think u might not have it bridged????(i know uwanted to bridge it)

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 511
1 DVC 4 ohm sub can only be wired to 2 or 8 ohms on a mono amp.
If you bridge that amp it will be stable at 4 ohms. but it is 2 ohm per channel x2.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 62
the sub is dual 2ohm wired for 4ohm can like that in the box. I had it bridged i guess somethings wrong only had it for one month and just went to hook it up yesterday due to the weather here and my work hours.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 63
I'll tell you i have a kx350 and it puts this 550.2 to shame something wrong.

Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 7
If it's a DUAL 2OHM and wired UP to 4... it's needs to be wired @ 1 ohms, most kicker amps are stable @ 1... just do (positive to positive) and (negative to negative) and it'll be @ 1ohm when it goes to the amp! Check to see it you turned the amp gain the right way, the subsonic booster the right way, and the low pass filter the right way. ALSO!!!!! you might not have the amp on LOW PASS!

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 64
on a dual 2ohm pos-pos and neg-neg will give you 4ohm this amp don't have a subsonic filter.It was sent back to get fixed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us