Question from a novice

Username: Ctbrthrhd

Post Number: 2
OK, so I have an alpine mrp f320 5 channel amp that is currently driving the four regular 150 watt speakers in my car as well as a ten" inch sub. What I'd like to do is take out the 10" and put in a dual 12" box, preferrably Sony Xplod. Now, I don't really know alot about ohms, but I've been reading that the output on the alpine is 40w x 4 + 120w x 1 at 4 ohms and at 2 ohms, it is 50w x 4 + Sub (it just says sub where I've read). I also know that the subs are 4 ohm single voice coil. What I'm wondering is if and how I can wire the two subs off the subwoofer channel? Will I have to make any adjustments to the amp? I just don't get what load is, ohms, etc. Not fully anyway. If anyone has any answers, please respond, I want some sound!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5900
if ur amp does '120w x 1 at 4 ohms' then u should get a SVC single voice coil sub that is rated @ 100wrms

OR ur other option if u want to run 2 subs - get (2) subs that are 4 ohms DVC dual voil coil & rated @ 50wrms

with 2) 4ohms dvc subs u get a 4ohm load
Upload

OR get 2 8ohms SVC subs
Upload

but i'm thinking that 1 or 2 subs @ 100 wrms might not be enough bass 4 u - i'd buy a MONO amp & get some REAL bass happening .........

Username: Ctbrthrhd

Post Number: 4
ok, say the speakers are rated huge like 500-1000 watts, dual 4 ohm voice coils, if all that s coming out of that channel is 120 watts, wll it be ok to run them parallel like in the second diagram?

OR....

Can anyone make any recommendations for two 12's that will work concerning mt situation, just to make it simpler. Brands, model number, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5904
if u already have 4ohms DVC subs that r say 500wrms each then u still need 2 run me like 1st diagram though u will surely be dissapointed @ the bass

best if buy a separate mono & get the amt of bass u want

If u do not want 2 buy another amp then look for 2 8 ohms SVC that is rated @ 50 wrms EACH .....

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 201
The sonys are bad....so is audiobahn....and 120 watts is nothin.....especially for 2 12's....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us