HOW TO POWER THE ORION H2 AND ELECTRICAL UPGRADE!?

Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 6
well i dont have much money and i have a Orion h2 12". I dont want to spend more then around 300 for an amp for my H2. The Hifonics amps look like there the best price/power. My main question is at what point or amp size will i defiently need to upgrade my electrical system. THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2255
usually, when you get to 600-800w+ your looking at electrical upgrades. (just a ball-park figure)

if you want to properly power an H2 12"...your gonna be looking at 1500wrms+. That would mean an alt upgrade (prolly 200A), big-3, and a batt.

I really wouldnt recommend H2's though...they are kinda inefficient. they can get loud, it just takes alot of power to get them loud. (wasted power)

how loud do you want to be? for most people, a 1000-1200wrms amp w/ a good sub(s) in the right box is far more than enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 11
my problem is money, i have enough for a good amp "about 320 dollars", but how much would all this electrical upgrades cost me probably alot more?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1369
about the same price as your amplifier!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5222
depends on your vehicle! what kind of car/truck do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 280
MOre than your amp budget for sure. To make that sub happy you will need at least an Orion 2500D+ at least a 200A alt and one yellow top Optima bat plus all the wiring. This hobby isn't cheap and any level, lol. Polo.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us