How do i install a LOC?

Bronze Member
Username: Shaun_whitaker

Post Number: 25
so i was wondering so i dont have to pay the custom install fees. how exactly do i hook these babies up. i have 2 of them and they have wires coming out the back that go to +,- right and +,- left. then in the front is the rca left and right out with some knobs to adjust the level. min-max. so how would i go about installing these do i need 2 of them?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 232
What kind of HU are you adding these too? Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 340
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well i am installing these in order to keep my stock cd player. i have 2 line level converters and i want to know how to install them. or if i even need 2.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 600
you're adding an amp I take it?
Amp for fronts?
Amp for subs?
Both?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i am adding an amp for a sub. what should i do?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 623
place your LOC somewhere near your rear speakers, and splice in back there. You'll need to determine which of your stock wires is (+) and which is (-).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
so does that mean that i only need one and that i need to instal it in the middle of my 2 rear speakers?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 635
You can put the LOC wherever you want - the thing is it will connect near your rear speakers so it makes the most sense to me to place it somewhere near them.

You'll have to cut the 4 wires (L+, L- and R+, R-) going to your rear speakers - generally somewhere near the speakers. Then you just have to reconnect them to the corresponding wire from the LOC.
With each wire stripped about 1/2" I would break out the heat shrink and soldering iron and start reconnecting them. You may even need to connect extension wires from the LOC to the point where they'll tap into the speaker wires.
It's not difficult at all, just takes a little time to do a good job.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 636
with just adding a sub amp one LOC is all you'll need. It will provide a pair of RCA inputs for the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us