Wiring Kits

Bronze Member
Username: Sleepyvw

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 31
Can you help me find an amp wiring kit for my system. I have two alpine type s subs hooked up to an amp that pushes 600rms. I am interested in 4 gauge wiring. Can you recommend a reputable brand or kits. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 86
Doesn't really matter on brand, but Streetwires are a pretty popular, kinda costly though. Could even go with 2 or 0 gauge so you don't have to upgrade if you get a bigger system.. its addictive, lol I don't really remember any kits at best buy in down town omaha, but their power caps are ridiculous..

Bronze Member
Username: Shaun_whitaker

Post Number: 21
tsunami wires are great. also just check ebay. they have killer deals on amp kits

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5695
http://www.knukonceptz.com/

jmay
Unregistered guest
My personal opinion is that you shouldn't buy an amp kit unless you're looking for an all-in-one solution and are willing to pay for the convenience. If you buy the parts separately, you can save a lot of money (a whole lot if you're looking at thick cable).

For example, my local welding supply shop sells 4ga cable for around $0.65/foot. Earlier this year, I bought 20 feet of 4ga and 10 feet of 2ga and paid less than $25. Figure $10 for an inline fuseholder and another $10 for connectors and you can put together a pretty good 4ga setup for around $35 (minus any RCA preamp cables you might need to buy). The wire won't be as pretty as what you find in a $100 kit but that's a non-issue unless you're doing competitions.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1098
i got a stinger 1/0 gauge HPM kit off of ebay for $80, just about the best price you'll find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-HPM-0-GA-AMP-KIT-3400-WATTS-NEW-SWKH0-CAR-AUDIO_W0QQ itemZ5870184834QQcategoryZ79815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its $98 now though

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 609
For an amp that size the 5 ga Scosche kit at walmart would work fine, RCA's are cheap, but the kit's only $25.

tye716
Unregistered guest
i have an 800watt interfire w/ 2 soundstorm 12s i have a little power cable woulda 4ga give me more power and would i need to change all the wires
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us