Need amp to push 2kw plus

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 103
I got an orion h2 15 dual 2, need an amp to push 2kw min pref 2.5kw, just throw stuff out there its gonna be a little while before i have the cash anyways. My first choice would be a orion 2500d but those are damn expensive, any other suggestions???

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1202
your choice would be my 1st with the orion 2500d, I know its expensive as fu(k! Im currently working on gettin 2 of these bad boys. But thats a l8ter project. =D

It may be cheaper to get 2 1500rms amps and put 1 amp on each voice coil! Total of 3Krms. =D LOUD!

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
^^ problem with that is most amps in that power range perform best a 1 ohm and i would have to put them both on 2 ohms and that would be wasting a lot of power. I could probably pick up a 2500d for 350ish they are always selling on the caraudio.com boards.... Any other cheaper suggestions that don't suck????

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1207
true, get em used or refurbished.
u will have to find a amp thats stable @ 2ohms, if you are going to do the 2 amps. It may still be cheaper than 1 big amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
I think i'd rather do 1 amp for space reasons/it'd be more compact/less cluttered. For now i might pick up one of the hifonics bx2005d amps that push 2000 watts or do those suck??? Not to familar with these hella powerful amps lol....

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 815
Better upgrade your alt too! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Yah i am... 160 amp, probably not quite enough but i doubt i'm gonna be crankin this that much...eventually i'll get a yellow top in and it should be good.
Damn 2500 rms draws 175ish amps, but like i said i doubt it'll be cranked that much and when it is, thats what batteries are for...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2178
that 2500d does just draw 175A...it will draw closer to 220A+.

220A x 14V x 0.80 = 2462Wrms

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
I'm pretty sure it will be fine, i don't think i will every crank that, except in rare cases for like maybe 10 secs just to show someone else how much their system sucks :-), Plus you are never drawing the full power of the amp continusly unless you are driving around listening to test tones or something...

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Okay i'm not gonna go for the 2 kw now, i'm gonna go for like 1200 watts to like 1500 and if down the road that isn't enough i will upgrade. So here are the amps i'm considering:
Ed 9.1
Orion 1200 D
Hifonics bx1500d

Any more suggestions and or advice(s)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us