Kappa 693.7i 6x9 3-WAY have dual voice coils and want to add another tweeter to it?

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 53
I have the INFINITY KAPPA 693.7i 6x9" 3-WAY speakers only ( no other speakers just those two). They are pushed by a 1ohm stable 2ch amp. The kappas have dual voice coil and one of the coils is for the tweeter and the other is for the base and mids ( I think or tweets and mids then the other is for base). It's not a real dual voice coil but it has it. My question is can I wire another tweeter with the voice coil that is for the tweeters by adding it to that voice coil? I want to have both speakers and 2 tweeters but only have a 2ch amp and think that may work. Basically it goes +- to the speaker but right before it is a crossover that bridges off to 2 sets of +-. So on the set for the tweeters can I add another dome tweeter to it and another dome tweeter to the other speaker?
Hopefully that is not too confusing.
Thanks

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 54
Also if the new tweeters are 4ohm with there own crossover is that still okay or if they have there own crossover should I just ad them to the amp instead of wiring them to the kappas crossover. Also what will the ohm load be on a 2ch 1ohm amp with the kappas which are 2ohm and the tweeters which are 4ohm? The amp is a Kicker 600.2 I think.
Thanks
Brad

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1487
i do not believe you can do that, never seen it done, just wire the xtra tweets to the amp. the ohm load is going to increase on the amp, it will be higher then 2ohms.

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 62
can you answere these questions? Also will tweeters blow if they have a built in crossover if hooked up to my 2 ch. amp with just 2 kappas 6x9 3 way? I only have the 2 speakers and need more tweets. What should I do to insure that the tweeters will not blow? What tweeters would you buy? What would the ohm load be one 2 2ohm kappas and 4ohm dome tweeters? I am guessing a 1 ohm stable amp can handle that right? Sorry for all of the questions. To make it simpler what HU would you buy, and how would you wire the 2 kappas and the 2 tweeters to a 2ch 1ohm stable amp? Can I get away with a 2 ch 2ohm stable amp?
I guess also what amp would you get? 1,2,4 ch. or will they all work? Does it have to be 1ohm stable, because the one I have isn't? Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us