Orion 1200d....

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 35
ok i have a rockford hx2 power 12 which is 1000 rms...its dual 2 ohms..so i'm goin tobe running it at 1 ohm..which will be 1200 on the orion....but i am liek not really into updating the electrical system...like is the orion 1200 watts at 14.4 volts or wahtver or 12 volts...because if its at 14.4...then it should only push about 1000 watts into the sub right? and do ya think my 2000 cougar will handle it wihtout dieing or anything..i just got it and it has a new battery and a new alternator in it...and i havea 5 farad cap...if that means anything....i have no idea the size of the alternator though...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5486
the orion is rated at 13.8 volts, is there anyway for you to find out how big ur alternator is????

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 814
You can probably run it fine on stock, as long as you aren't turning your system to full blast. Pull that capacitor so you don't add even more strain to your alternator.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 582
It lists 105, 110, and 130A alts for that year. If you're lucky you've got the 130A which should run the 1200D with no problem at all. If you've got the 105 or 110 it still shouldn't be a problem unless you're planning on a 24/7 personal SPL competition. People have had problems with less though.

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 36
well i looked for information on the car and i'm not sure but the guy i bought it off of said it is teh special edition or wahtever wiht the bigger engine adn stuff....so hopefully that means it has the bigger alternator and stuff with it...the alternator and battery are brand new i guess so i'm just hoping i don't like drain the battery or fxck up the alternator, but yeah i really don't plan on puttin it on full blast for more than liek 15 minutes at a time..thanks a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us