Old Rockford Fosgate Power Ratings

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1457
Hey guys. I was messing around on eBay and was looking at some amps (I've been severly sick the past couple of days). And I ran across some old RF amps that claim they do WELL OVER their rated power. Here's some links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-POWER-T8002-1394-WATTS-RMS_W0QQit emZ5863892995QQcategoryZ39737QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-500-2-2-Ch-amp-amplifier_W0QQitemZ586 3464078QQcategoryZ39737QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-POWER-1100A2-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ5863537685Q QcategoryZ39744QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What's up with these claims? I always knew they were underrated, but that's a TON! Almost to a point it could be dangerous! I'm just a curiouse creature, thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5290
I think i can remember seeing somewhere that the T30001bd (3000rms) put out closer to 4000 rms, or something odd like that

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5008
hey Jake this is Old school fosgate:-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/rockford-fosgate-punch-200_W0QQitemZ5863508458QQcategoryZ397 37QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is possibly the best line of amps RF ever made:-( too bad they don't make em like this aymore.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Rockford-Fosgate-Power-650-New_W0QQitemZ5866018661QQcat egoryZ39744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1462
"this is a rock amp i had this amp taken out of my sons are it was the amp that makes the car bass very loud"

Wow... That sounds like someone that knows his sh1t! And James, what about those other amps? I'm not looking to buy one, but they act like it's general knowledge that they're HIGHLY underrated...

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 599
I've always been a big fan of Rockford Fosgate amps thats why i'm running 2 of their amps right now in my car. I love my power 1001bd!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5026
there new stuff like many companies now days(soundstream,Orion, just to name a few) are lacking the build quality they used to have. That second amp I posted the power 650, is a absolute monster of an amp:-) you wanna talk about underrating lol! IMO it's one of the best amps ever produced from that era. I am not a big fan of the new RF. I used to run a power 650(old school), and then another system with a few punch 150's, then stepped up to the punch 200ix's with the built in x-over cards. Man if RF still made stuff like they used to I would never had strayed.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 318
jake i think i have those amps in your 1st post the last 2 but mine are chrome mayb there the same if they are then the last 2 are much cleaner sound better to me but it wont get as loud as the 10001 bd

i had the 1st 1 longo posted sound better then all of em i havent heard the second 1 james posted but man i wish i could

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11069
old 80s and early 90s amps that were the best at the time?
Orion's GS, SX, GX, and HCCA models
RF's Punch and Power models
PPI's Art, AM, and .2 series models
US Amps (just about any model)
some of the older higher end Phoenix Gold amps, Soundstream, and a/d/s amps.

none of them are easily found for cheap though, even now. Everybody seems to be aware of their quality so they are collected by many.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1471
Yea, but no one ever answered my main question... And no, I'm not trying to be a dick...

But, RF specs are:
50 W rms x 4 channel @ 4 ohm
100 W rms x 4 channel @ 2 ohm
200 W rms x 2 channels @ 4 ohm
612 W rms net, all channels driven into full power at 2 ohm (certified this amplier).

And the guys claiming:
250 W rms x 2 channels @ 4 ohm
500 W rms x 2 channels @ 2 ohm
1000 W rms x 1 channel @ 4 ohm
1460 W rms net, all channels driven into full power at 2 ohm.

Are those realistic numbers?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11075
he's full of it.
underrated amps are usually about 10-20% over spec'ed power at most.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
500.2 jake

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5028
"old 80s and early 90s amps that were the best at the time?
Orion's GS, SX, GX, and HCCA models
RF's Punch and Power models
PPI's Art, AM, and .2 series models
US Amps (just about any model)
some of the older higher end Phoenix Gold amps, Soundstream, and a/d/s amps. "

:-):-):-):-) I couldnt agree more:-):-):-) man I Love those amps!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1477
I figured he was full of it. LOL!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5032
1460 watts lol! yeah right thats more then double the rated power. You shold write him a little e-mail saying if he doesnt change those spec's ebay will be notified. Thats a bunch of Cr@p that some newbie is going to buy that amp trying to power 2 500 watt rms subs at 2ohms and all he is going to be getting is 200. Thats garbage if you ask me!

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
those are 1000 watt james

500.2 it wont do 1400
only the newer models do

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5117
"But, RF specs are:
50 W rms x 4 channel @ 4 ohm
100 W rms x 4 channel @ 2 ohm
200 W rms x 2 channels @ 4 ohm
612 W rms net, all channels driven into full power at 2 ohm (certified this amplier). "

How do you get 1000 watts out of that ????? and what do you mean the new ones do? are they rated at 8 volts or something? I dont think so man. RF isnt getting any better in quality these days.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-500-2-2-Ch-amp-amplifier_W0QQitemZ586 3464078QQcategoryZ39737QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry that is not the amp i have mine is chrome and says power not punch wich puts out 1000 watts.

''and what do you mean the new ones do?''

i also have the 10001bd wich puts out 1430 watts rms at 14.4 volts

''RF isnt getting any better in quality these days.''

I wasnt refering to quality, I was refering to power, They have more power then the old ones do.
I had New Rockford Old Rockford and Older Rockford.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5134
"I wasnt refering to quality, I was refering to power, They have more power then the old ones do.
I had New Rockford Old Rockford and Older Rockford. "

I disagree with you 100% old RF from the mid 80's to mid 90's were the best amps rockford ever made hands down!

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
you can disagree its your opion. You seen my posts I try my best to talk of only what I know

And Facts Are Rockford newer models Pack more power then the Old Rockford.
I have 2 Rockford setups
both are 1000 watt rated Rockford Amps
Both Power Series.
The T10001Bd obviously Puts out more power
Its obvious wich car is louder
Fact.

Im debating the power diffrence not wich 1 is better.
But When I get in my car I Can hear wich 1 gets louder

Gold Member

Post Number: 1484
I figured it's a bunch of bullsh1t. I'm getting more and more impressed with RF's newest stuff. I hope they come out with something that impresses me enough to use it... :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Why are you moving away from the eclipse amps jake?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5148
when you say rockford's old stuff what exactly are you reffering to?

Username: Royt

Post Number: 1
I like my Jensen setup I have a 200watt 10"

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosgate-1000a2-amp-sub-amplifier-1000watt-rockfor d_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8038644865QQrdZ1
/\old amp not the same amp mine is a bit diffrent i have yet to find another of its kind yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-PUNCH-40-DSM-MOSFET-AMPLIFIER-L-K_W0QQitemZ 5867037940QQcategoryZ39737QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
/\older basicly same amp you posted if not older rock. same amp i have cept mine is 20 by 4
only rock amp i would use that i have on my highs

once again debating power the 10001bd is louder
both setups have speakers from its time
1st setup 2 12 punch power speaker
2nd t1 12s

the 10001 bd setup is louder no questions asked fact!

the old sh!t is cleaner tighter overall better sq even with those old speakers

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5154
I am talking about before they even came out with the 10001bd. That punch 40 is a great little amp. The amps I am reffering to are power 650, power 1000, punch 35,75,150,(the first of the punch line) then the punch 40,60,100,and 200 ix's. those were the best amps rockford ever made:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1487
I'm not turning away from Eclipse amps, yet. I'm actually looking at the Zapco Competition line for a nice summer upgrade :P. But I have more than one car that I have tunes in, and I'm just hoping RF pulls their head out of their @ss and comes out with something of good quality that'll grab people like me's attention...

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
''I am talking about before they even came out with the 10001bd.''

ya dont say

I have a punch 4040dsm if ya want its yours $30

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
''I'm actually looking at the Zapco Competition line for a nice summer upgrade :P.''

Didnt you get a hold of a 9.0?

But I have more than one car that I have tunes in, and I'm just hoping RF pulls their head out of their @ss and comes out with something of good quality that'll grab people like me's attention...

hell why not go with arc for your second car?
From what i hear of arc rockford old stuff probly wont sound as good, I wont know until i got some arc myself but im sure it will be great

Gold Member

Post Number: 1493
I have a Zapco C2K9.0, but it's not big enough for my Ti Pros. I have 4,000 watts RMS a peice to them right now. So the upgrade would probably be two Zapco 4kw's. But that would be pushing my budget a LOOOOONG ways and my electrical system too... But it'd be way cool... The C2K9.0 is awesome if you want to get the best out of Eclipse Ti's. It's almost as if it was built for them...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5163
does it work? If it works I will take it lil jon. let me know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1506
This thread got a little carried away... LOL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
I blew 1 or 2 channels on it

other then that its crystal clean :-)
i aint gone try to FIX it, basicly its collecting dust, let me know leave an email
im seriously trying to sell it
great for tweets

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
jake sell me your zapco amp and buy a few of those old rockford amps you short 1k watts for your pro

Gold Member

Post Number: 1511
Nah. And I'm short 1kw? They're 3,000 watts RMS, 5,000 watts "max". They're plenty happy where they are. But I'm sure they wouldn't mind some more juice... But my electrical system would need more upgrades...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5186
no man not looking to purchase someone else's dust collecting junk but thanks though.

"jake sell me your zapco amp and buy a few of those old rockford amps you short 1k watts for your pro"

at that point while running 4000 watts the 1.5 db increase in adding another 2000 watts unless strictly competeing without budget the electrical upgrade is a serious cost factor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
:-( bummer

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
hey james i think if you contact genesis they said they can make what you want so they can hand make a amp with the same coponets as the old stuff
you like and then you can customize the logo on it an call it the Longo Status Amp lol

I thought bout so they can replicate the art amp
only because the coponets in mine are worn and could sound better if new

Gold Member

Post Number: 1526
James: yea, once you get up in the thousands of watts, it takes a TON more juice to really notice a difference. But I want to be one of the few and proud owners of a Zapco 4kw... They're just pure sexy...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5235
they sure are:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us