MORE A8000T questions

DUB C
Unregistered guest
Alright, here goes, my HU has 3 sets of preouts at 4V, my first question if how much volts can the A8000T produce when the gain it set all the way up? Since my HU preouts are 4V where should I set the gain on the amp? Also, whats that LPF gain for? Will I need it, where should I set it to? It also has Phase Shift 180 or 0, what is all that about? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 924
phase is if u have 2 amps i think

set your gain to match the volts of the HU

there should be numbers marked around the gain, if not find the input sensitivity and set it to where it looks right

but all you really need to do is set the gain to where it sounds right

DUB C
Unregistered guest
More info

Bronze Member
Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 25
I may be able to help a bit. Set the gain on the amp to 4V, it should match the HU preouts. YOu just have to guess where that would be on your dial, its kinda hard, not an exact science. Secondly, LPF is not gain. LPF is Low Pass Filter. Are you using the amp for subs? If so, your x-over should be set to LPF and the dial for LPF can be sent around 90 or halfway. You can adjust it a bit. Basically it allows only certain frequencies to play through the subs. Phase shift I believe has to do if your sub is mounted a certain way. I would leave it at 0. I'm sure someone else can clarify if I didn't make it clear

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 428
k, i have that amp, and i have the gain set half-way, sub filter (because ported box) set to 35 hz, and LP to 85. set it to this and it would be fine

DUB C
Unregistered guest
Ok more, still really havent answered my questions, I know set the gain to match HU and all that, but set it where on the gain?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 432
like i said.............. "half-way" would be fine or a little below that..

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1281
DUB I'm running a VERY similar situation/setup.

I also have 4V preouts (3 sets) and the A8000T. Set both the gain AND LPF near halfway. That will give you ~80Hz on the LPF and ~4V on the gain. Of course, be sensible, and if you hear distortion or anything not right with these settings adjust accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1458
I read somewherre that just because it says 4volt, it has to do with how louind you turn up the headunit in order to achieve the 4 volts....

DUB C
Unregistered guest
Aight, thanks, what about the Phase Shift thing 180 or 0, what should I set it to?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us