Constant low static problem :-(

Username: Groggy23

Post Number: 1
Firstly, I'll explain my setup. I have an all Alpine system: CDA-9827 HU, T220 amp, MRD-M605 amp, SWS-1022d subwoofer, SPS-171a components. Running 1/0 gauge wiring to both power and ground d-blocks, then 4ga and 8ga to amps respectively. Ground is less than 12" from ground point, which is sanded to bare metal, to dblock. 16ga speaker wireing to components, 12ga twisted speakwire to subwoofer.

Ok now this problem only became apparent with my new MRD-M605 amp. This is the second new amp btw. First one was defective always giving "CUR" error. Now this second one I have works fine however now there's constant low static comming from subwoofer. The static noise is low and constant meaning its barely audible and it doesn't increase when the volume increases. I've never had this problem before with the same wiring, mounting etc.. with previous amps. Even with my first MRD-M605 amp, it worked perfectly for a day, no static, then gave me the "CUR" error. And now with my second amp, it works fine, except for this constant low static. I've tried the following solutions to no avail: shorter and different grounding points, RCA's, and speaker wire. I tried connecting just the power wires and speaker wire with NO RCA's connected, and still the constant low noise. I tried swapping the subwoofer speaker wire, same thing. I'm really hoping its not the amp.

Post Number: 2
nobody? :-(

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 237
well if you've ruled out everything except the amp...

Post Number: 3
^That's what I fear.. But I'm also considering the placement of the amp itself. Its mounted vertically on 3/4" MDF right next to the subwoofer itself. Could that be the cause of the static noise?

Post Number: 4
I hate Alpine V12 amps. I have the worst of luck with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us