Check out this quote www.h-o-alternators.com gave me !!

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 191
now mind you this is a 200 amp alternator .

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ext-enter&redirect_cmd=_xclick&first_ name=&last_name=&business=sales%40h%2Do%2Dalternators.com&amount=499.00&currency _code=USD&item_name=Alternator+/+Part+%23+16738&item_number=16738&quantity=1&shi pping=19.00&no_shipping=1&pbtype=product&bn=paywiz4msoe-001.000

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5305
That isn't way out of norm. For 200A, depending on your car and model, it can range anywhere from $350 - $450.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2286
thats cheaper than what they quoted me for a 200a alternator. they quoted me $575+shipping

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10957
for what kind of car?
is it new, remanufactured, or just rewound?
there are a lot of factors to consider.

have you gotten a quote from excessiveamperage.com yet?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 929
thats HIGH!
GO: www.excessiveamperage.com

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 48
ohio generators quoted me $525, B how is yours working out? I heard its 200 @ idle?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2288
"for what kind of car?"

honda accord v6

"have you gotten a quote from excessiveamperage.com yet?"

this is the last email i got from him. " I am still trying to work on the stators for them. It has been pretty busy lately so I am doing it as I get the extra time." i haven't heard since. i emailed him back a few times and no reply. he also left his number in the amp section so i tried calling a couple of times and i couldn't get through. maybe he isn't able to build a ho alt for my car.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 192
excessiveamperage quoted me 280 and free shipping
www.motorcityreman.com gave me the lowest quote of 240+ shipping . my ride is a 98 malibu with the 3100 series motor
I am still waiting for a reply from http://www.mean-green.com/store/prodpage.cfm
I bet that will be high.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 935
Mitchell go with Excessive, Nathan is great. He will take care of that 3100. I got a quote for my 3800 about that same price. =D

Lewass my HO alternator is kicking out the amperage!
I have had to give a few people some jump starts, and their cars fired right up, on the 1st try. =D

Chad maybe he cant do it for you, try contacting Irragi Alternators. They are great also but way more $$!

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 193
I found a 160 amp alternator for 220 shiped is that worth it?

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5070
just pay the extra 60 and go with excessive

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 349
yeah go with excessive its only a $40 difference plus shippin so really your only saving about $15 if you go with motorcity.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 195
I take it excessive is a prefered? What ar you guys running as far as alternators (please no B.S.) what wattage and brand?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 940
dude I think you got the answer. If you wanna save 15 bucks then do its your choice. But I already told ya my choice!

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 82
I got quoted a much higher price from Nathan than most of you, and it took almost a month to get my alternator shipped to me. Still haven't installed it yet but I hope it was worth the wait and the money.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 949
David what kind of car was it for? And how many amps? It should diffenatly be worth the wait!

Bronze Member

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 83
It was for a Toyota Camry which is why I think it was a little more expensive and Nate told me in an email that it would take a little longer because the stator hand to be wound by hand. Now don't get me wrong guys I'm not mad at him or anything, I was just overly excited when I ordered it and was getting frustrated when you guys told me you received your alts from him within a week when mine was taking forever!!! Then again most of you that ordered from him had domestics... but I'll have it installed sometime this week and then let my Type-Rs go at it.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 25
my quote from excessiveamperage was higher than most of yours too he said 340 shipped for a 180 amp for a 2.0 DOHC non turbo for a 98 eclipse...

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 963
yea, domestic is way easier! It should be a great alternator!! When they install it, make sure they upgrade big3 with 0ga.

The electrical amperage behind the system is what makes it LOUDER!

Bronze Member

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 84
Haha I hope that last sentence in your post is true B! I must say though that this morning as I was pulling into my hospital's parking garage I was listening to Throw It Up by Lil Jon and I have officially set off my first car alarm I was laughing so hard that I actually did it I was crying by the time I got to my parking spot. Very very funny. New alt hopefully make things louder ;)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3004
Nathan at Excessive Amperage has been very helpfull to me and i also have a Alternator for a 98 Camry 2.2L 4 cylinder. / What size is your alternator ?

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 137
nate couldn't build an alt for me and the quote i got from hoalternators.com was 675 shipped! its for an 05 lincoln ls.. something special that it costs more, im still trying to see if nate can do something for me

Bronze Member

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 85
MO my alternator was 180A - he said that was as high as he could go without having to have me make mods to my car to get a bigger one in there. I think 180 should be PLENTY. I have it sitting on my garage workshelf... I saw B's pictures of his with those gold spike things coming off of it but mine didn't have those. It still looks pretty. More pretty than my ex g/f oOOOOOHHHH dissed! haha.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 203
I got a good offer on a 200 amp alternator that is 95 amp at idle shouldnt the idle amperage be higher?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1710
anyone know a rough price for an S10...i dont feel like emailing
(excessive amperage BTW)

Bronze Member

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 87
Well seeing as how an email probably would take as long for you to type it as it did to type this post, just email him? None of us would know that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1712
one prob...my email thing for my web browser pops up, so if i need a price quote, i need his email...anyone got it?

Bronze Member

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 89
Here you go main!

nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com

He da man!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1714
thank u man, i have been wanting to email him for months lol

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 211
I got a quote for 209+15 shipping for a 200 amp alternator 96amp at idle from http://www.dbelectrical.com/ check them out they have a 1 year waranty I am getting one next week!!!
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 240
i got a 160 amp for my 89 accord for $160 shipped
and i couldnt even find a 200 amp unless they built one which they said was not cheap

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 213
your accord was probably only pushing ~80 amps stock anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 247
65 stock, so 95 amp is a hell of an improvement
i thought it was a good deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us