Burnt soundstream amp..

Bronze Member
Username: Kavlas

Post Number: 12
I got my amps professionally installed but i think they screwed me over since i ended up with a burnt soundstream van gogh vga600.2 and diamond audio component s600s.
These are good quality products so i can only blame the installers. but i need some advise..

the installers only put one 40Amp fuse leading to the amp whereas the manual suggests a fuse rating of max 40A x 2 (since its a 2 channel amplifier) or 80A fuse. So my question is.. could this lead to the burning of the amp.. which inturn burnt only one component speaker?

The installers told me the soundstream was defected in the first place.. which sounds like bs to me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4879
where did you purchase the products? were they working properly when you brought them in to the shop? yes you use the combined fuse ratings of the amps for the in-line fuse to the battery.

Bronze Member
Username: Kavlas

Post Number: 13
i purchased the amp new with warranty and certificates etc from an ebay store from where i have bought the rest of my soundsystem which works fine.
The amp was workin perfect for a week after it was installed... and then it got burnt.

since the fuse was burnt(which was smaller than the max allowable rated fuse).. how is it possible for the amp to get burnt too?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4921
you replaced the fuse and still got nothing? so when the amp blew it blew the components also? sounds shady.

Username: Cedoman

Post Number: 1
What ebay store did you buy the amp from... if you mind me asking?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us